NECA: The Thing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50$ + shipping + customs for a simple exclusive but cool figure .And then having to fight with bots and be at a specific moment with no guarantee of securing one?

Neca........

Last edited by a moderator:
By happenstance I was online at the right time - I had no idea this was going up for sale when it did and for the limited time that it was. I could have just as easily said ''I'll order it later'' as I often do.

I don't buy much these days so the price was tolerable for me.

💥SECOND CHANCE💥
at NECA Convention Exclusives!
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8th @3:00PM ET.
After cancelling duplicate / bot orders, we're putting up some additional quantities of our exclusives for this LIMITED sale.
➖
-thenecastore.com
-Limit 2 of each item per customer
(multiple orders will be canceled!)
-PRE-ORDER. Items will ship after Comic-Con
-Flat-rate bundle shipping on combined order
-U.S. and International listings
➖
TMNT Pre-Mutation 4pack - $150
The Thing 40th Anniversary Poster Figure - $50
Gremlins 2 Wedding Greta - $50
Dungeons & Dragons Lost Wave 4pack - $100
➖
*Limited online stock. Not sold in stores.
Additional stock will also be at SDCC.
➖

💥SECOND CHANCE💥
at NECA Convention Exclusives!
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8th @3:00PM ET.
After cancelling duplicate / bot orders, we're putting up some additional quantities of our exclusives for this LIMITED sale.
➖
-thenecastore.com
-Limit 2 of each item per customer
(multiple orders will be canceled!)
-PRE-ORDER. Items will ship after Comic-Con
-Flat-rate bundle shipping on combined order
-U.S. and International listings
➖
TMNT Pre-Mutation 4pack - $150
The Thing 40th Anniversary Poster Figure - $50
Gremlins 2 Wedding Greta - $50
Dungeons & Dragons Lost Wave 4pack - $100
➖
*Limited online stock. Not sold in stores.
Additional stock will also be at SDCC.
➖

Got him!

Glad they offered a second chance as at my job I didn't have access to the sale on Friday to order. So gave it shot today and was pleasantly surprised at the smooth transaction. I was expecting a nightmare. But not so.

MacReady by scarrviper II, on Flickr

I went to the anniversary screening with my Dad for father's day on Sunday. It was awesome to finally see The Thing in a theatre. He saw it back in 82 while in the Marines.

It was annoying how many people showed up late, there were still people finding their seats 10 minutes after it started. Plus, I noticed at least two children. Not sure why they were brought to an R rated movie.

I saw it on the big screen for the first time on Sunday too, I think it's my favorite movie after Alien. The were a few people show up late to it also...it seemed to not have any trailers in front of the movie to sit through before it started and I think it caught those people by surprise.

I'm looking forward to new NECA figures, hopefully there is a Palmer-thing on the horizon at some point.

I heard they showed the movie in the wrong aspect ratio at the fathom events screening.

give us this NECA

1656548272148.png

I'm wary of going to any of the Fathom events because you never know if it will be a crappy satellite feed or an actual DCP. They just announced one more showing on July 6th so I might go and check it out. If it's satellite, I'll just leave early and get my $ back.

Did anyone who saw this stay till after the credits? If it was a satellite feed, the Fathom logo would pop up at the very end.

I'd love to get one of those SDCC exclusive poster things, but I tried with no luck to buy it online on the second window - seemed to be a US only thing, once again... At least with this poster figure, you don't have to try hard to see Kurt's face. Honestly, the Neca sculpt is not that good.

I'd love to get one of those SDCC exclusive poster things, but I tried with no luck to buy it online on the second window - seemed to be a US only thing, once again... At least with this poster figure, you don't have to try hard to see Kurt's face. Honestly, the Neca sculpt is not that good.
That's why I skipped the Mac figures. I just don't see Kurt in the figure. But with the SDCC exclusive I can still have The Thing represented in the NECA display.

Back