NECA: The Thing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see it being a double-pack. They done it before on the Alien series accessory sets, and the dog is smaller than a human, so maybe it will.

Not much I'll be getting from their Toyfair reveals - both Dog Things, Shaman Predator, mmmaybe that big Videogame Predator just because I like big figures, the Turtles II:SOTO figures and the accessory set. They've got nothing from the Alien franchise this year and Terminator is seemingly Terminated.

Not much I'll be getting from their Toyfair reveals - both Dog Things, Shaman Predator, mmmaybe that big Videogame Predator just because I like big figures, the Turtles II:SOTO figures and the accessory set. They've got nothing from the Alien franchise this year and Terminator is seemingly Terminated.

Yeah, I guess Private Drake we were hoping for is dead in the water. I am glad we are getting these figures from The Thing though. I really hope we see a 'Palmer Thing' mid-transformation as it jumped up to the ceiling. Maybe it'll have a swappable head, one just before he jumps to the ceiling and one when he lands, the head splits and he gets Windows.

Yeah, I guess Private Drake we were hoping for is dead in the water. I am glad we are getting these figures from The Thing though. I really hope we see a 'Palmer Thing' mid-transformation as it jumped up to the ceiling. Maybe it'll have a swappable head, one just before he jumps to the ceiling and one when he lands, the head splits and he gets Windows.
I'm not willing to say he's dead but I'm certainly disappointed we have heard nothing further about Drake since those public tweets with Mark Rolston which would have been, what, 2017 probably?

I know there may have been something going on with the licensing behind the scenes, I hope that's resolved so we can get back on track. A total no show for the Alien franchise at Toyfair time is just not right. Ironically it's the humans I'm always most interested to see, since the creatures are pretty well covered (except in matters of QC) by now.

The Thing is a young line for NECA, obviously we need creatures here for sure.

Yeah I have to agree that aside from a few video game and horror figures much of Neca's stuff in the past years hasn't been very interesting to me, that said I'm glad they are finally doing Thing figures and hope they keep the line going and give us Childs as far as humans go and Palmer, Norris and Blair things, the Dog things look really sick and seeing them make two versions gives me some hope they plan on going all in with the the creatures at least.
Still waiting to see what Mondo as well.

Their Toyfair showing was 90% TMNT. Some Gargoyles, a Pred, not even an ultimate American Werewolf Jack, and painted versions of the kennel Things.

I was stupidly thinking they had somehow sorted the Blade Runner rights for the 40th anniversary, or do some cool and new.

This Toyfair is pretty much as bad as the feeling I got wayyyyy back at Toyfair 2002 when Mcfarlane showed Movie Maniacs 5.

Their Toyfair showing was 90% TMNT. Some Gargoyles, a Pred, not even an ultimate American Werewolf Jack, and painted versions of the kennel Things.

I was stupidly thinking they had somehow sorted the Blade Runner rights for the 40th anniversary, or do some cool and new.

This Toyfair is pretty much as bad as the feeling I got wayyyyy back at Toyfair 2002 when Mcfarlane showed Movie Maniacs 5.
I'm surprised they even showed any"thing" from The Thing! :lol

TMNT has obviously become their cash cow and they will milk that sucker to the bone, I can't blame them for putting business above all but it sucks to see them not caring as much about their other stuff.
Todd being Todd, I'm always impressed by how that man has managed to keep his toy company running all these years, I think he has fumbled the ball with pretty much every line he's had because of his dumb ideas.

Back