NECA RoboCop 35th anniversary figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I'm pleasantly surprised by a return to Robocop I'm equally surprised at how off that face looks. They normally get closer than this.

Still, I'll probably buy everything including the chair if that's something their gonna sell.

I never expect a wide line with Robocop. Alex Murphy, Anne Lewis, Clarence, D ick Jones etc are probably still out of the question. Maybe a BD ED-209 though?

The clean version includes the spring loaded holster, the battle damaged one does not btw.

13b3cbf1-7250-412f-a7a5-93966e22765a.jpg
d5a09505-4143-4dd4-9a3f-db0061991225.jpg

Last edited:
I'm purely speculating but maybe that Weller sculpt was during the NECA Robo's heyday and didn't got approved by Weller since it seems kina dated to what they come out today.

Still, it's a great incentive to get this new release and at the same time makes me wonder why Weller is just a tad mellow with Robocop this year, he clearly used to hate it lol.

Is the helmet head new? It looks rounder than the old one.

Anyway, I have two Neca Robocop already, plus two Mafex versions, so I can't justify buying the same old figure for a Peter Weller sculpt. :(

Goddamn motherf*ckers. Goddamn them. Just HAD to wait til I shelled out big bucks for a crappy custom head from China.

UGghhghgh.

And now the lameass old NECA Robo just looks inferior to my MAFEX anyway, but it doesn't matter......I'm buying both versions as soon as humanly possible cause I'm sick. I'm sick sick sick in the head when it comes to RoboCop.

Siiiigh.

And just watch....a year from now MAFEX will release a proper unmasked Murphy head and I'll go through it all over again.

At least this way I'll finally have a COBRA assault rifle for my damaged Robo to blow ED away with.

Last edited:
Good post over on ToyArk by one Raine24 that brings up some points worth mentioning

Unless the old molds wore out and they tooled up new ones with all the same inaccuracies, everything except the chair, muzzle blast, and unmasked head are the same. Terminal strip fist is from the OG release, Cobra cannon from the "Non-Ultimate" version, and the battle-damage body has a solid right thigh (the spring-loaded holster was developed a couple years later) so that's the old tooling too. They didn't even get rid of the black neck seal at the top of the chest (so the unmasked look isn't quite right), another point toward total re-use.

Maybe the helmet is different, but I removed & trimmed all of mine to get them to sit right about five minutes after opening them, so I don't remember what they looked like originally.

I'm not surprised they didn't give the Auto-9 a magazine (it'd be a metal-off change, so pretty cheap) because that'd probably interfere with the holster, but it's weird they still haven't made a relaxed right hand. They've pumped out that same gun grip right for a decade now over, like... 9 different releases? 12? And he still doesn't have a natural-looking right hand for when you're actually using that fancy leg holster.

Not trying to be a downer, because this is awesome, I've been wanting pretty much this exact figure for almost my entire life, and I am absolutely getting both of them, but it's got a lot of inherited funkiness that I wish they'd do something about.

No surprise about the lack of a full range of hands - it's not something NECA seems to deem necessary for some lines. I wish they would though.

I've got Robocop pretty comprehensively represented in my collection from every company going so I didn't need these as such but I am buying anyway. The chair is cool. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the boxes - I like the Ultimates packaging, makes a good backdrop with the figures if you have room.

If only the Weller head, chair and Cobra fit my MAFEX, I'd be all good. It'll all be juuuuust oversized though and it'll drive me nuts.

(The NECA muzzle flash is embarrassing. Every other company did it better.)

Hell...I just wish MAFEX would release a Weller head, COBRA, and the chair. I'd much rather have their quality even thought it costs three times as much. It's worth it.

You've got the Hagane figure right? That one is NECA sized so should work with this chair although I'll more likely just use the NECA figure in the chair anyway.

Never got the Hagane cause the MAFEX is so good. All it ever needed to be perfect was a Murphy face and a COBRA gun.

I'm so used to the beautiful lines and integrated articulation on the MAFEX, just seeing pics of the old 10+ year old NECA just makes me mad.

I could just not order them, and just live with the toys I prefer, but come on....we're toy collectors. Logic and rationality aren't our thing.

Worst part I can't even display them side by side cause the NECA is too big.

I can't remember when I'm been this conflicted over a toy.

If MAFEX would just do a Murphy head all this angst would go away! Come on MAFEX!!

Sigh. So conflicted. MAFEX are superior in every way. But I've been waiting for these for over ten years....now like I'm not gonna buy them.

So, I've come to a nice rationalization to justify throwing my money away.

Beat up helmetless Robo will be brandishing the Cobra gun at ED-209 as if they were outside the OCP building.

"Clean" Robo will sit in the chair and have bad dreams about Clarence and the gang killing him.

My MAFEX figures will be to the side, doing their own thing.

There...everyone wins.

Except.....where the hell is CAIN????

That NECA looks awful and is a real step back for them after the Universal and American Werewolf figures turned out so well. Thank god I got the Mafex.

Going to pass on this, but appreciate that Neca is releasing something. Still think Mafex offers the best representation of Robo at 1/12. The face sculpt is decent enough, but is this using the body from ten years ago?

Yeah, what with all the delays there's been, I think NECA just wanted something they could get out of the door quickly. It really needed a ground up redesign.

Back