NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just can't figure out why the joints can't be the same between the two most recent CH releases to ensure cross-compatibility.

Looking at the blood paint on the Jungle Hunter - the one with the bloodied nose - that was NECA's best work on Predator blood. A better mix of green and yellow to simulate the glow. On this BD City Hunter there's no blending at all - there's even areas of totally isolated yellow with no green whatsoever, like as though it's pus. Just misfires and no subtlety to be found with the paintjob in general.

Disappointed by the Ultimate BD city hunter.

The paint is sloppy and inconsistent even for my standards. And when I say it's inconsistent I mean for example that the head and arms don't seem like they match everything else. The beading on the dreads is badly done. The blood paint isn't great, there's excess yellow. And there doesn't seem to be as much blood on as many parts as there was on the past release. For example the previous release (from a 2pack) had blood splash on his wrist gauntlet where this figure has none and the older figure had more splatter on the torso/waist area. I can't check the movie to see what's more accurate.

You've got the usual stuck joints - notably the thigh swivel - which often needs to be adjusted out of the box on NECA figures because they can be turned awkwardly in the packaging - to fix this you end up needing to take the legs off entirely and even with the hairdryer it can be difficult to unlock the swivel action and you can end up tearing the softened plastic or otherwise cause warping that means you end up with excessive looseness - the latter was already a problem with the prior release (wobbly legs) which I was hoping not to have with this new one.

Meanwhile, if you want to put a full bio-mask head on this figure you need blue-tack assistance inside the head socket because the joints - for some unknown reason - are not the same. The head will be loose and will fall off otherwise.

Lastly they missed the opportunity to provide his medical gear although this was already known.

Yeah, not a great figure. I like the box though.
I concur with everything you said. I'm beyond disappointed. I had to go on FB and share my experience with everyone else and this is where I found out how to approach more difficult cases of stuck joints. For the first time I had to take apart the hip system completely and use metal tools just to unlock the frozen peg. So dipping the figure in boiling water isn't enough anymore. Also, I hate the color used to show the armor oxidation. At first it was a turquoise green (which is closest to my liking), then some sort of blue and now there's a gray with traces of blue in some areas, very randomly applied. I checked multiple figures just to notice paint inconstancies among different copies. If wolf will be cancelled, this would be my last predator figure I'll ever buy from Neca.

From Neca's twitter "Nearly 11” tall 4 different LEDs Interchangeable wrist blades Stone Heart Predator is coming"

FHL9DVHWQAAk7tC

So that's the 'big' news he said was coming. Was hoping it was about likeness rights for more human characters. Not much else can satisfy me from the Predator franchise at this point - I mean I'll buy the rest of the Ultimate Lost Tribe when they finish them, I'll buy the AvP:R 2.0s if they ever come out - but Harrigan and the rest of Dutch's squad are the only thing I'd consider major news.

So that's the 'big' news he said was coming. Was hoping it was about likeness rights for more human characters. Not much else can satisfy me from the Predator franchise at this point - I mean I'll buy the rest of the Ultimate Lost Tribe when they finish them, I'll buy the AvP:R 2.0s if they ever come out - but Harrigan and the rest of Dutch's squad are the only thing I'd consider major news.
I was hoping he was hinting at Dutch's squad or Harrigan too, I have no interest in this.

I wish for more human characters too.

Looks like they reused some of the Assassin Predator. This one looks like it has better feet. Not the weird looking high heels.

269908655_4962217643828304_8374923631936911644_n.jpg

Jesus the P2 Losties reissues are really being dragged out.
Yes, I'm just speculating here but after reading Neca's twitter, it seems like the Fox Disney acquisition is finally starting to take effect and changing things behind the scenes for them. He said Predator looks to be back on track, but the Alien franchise license he seems frustrated with having things sculpted but waiting for approvals.

Yes, I'm just speculating here but after reading Neca's twitter, it seems like the Fox Disney acquisition is finally starting to take effect and changing things behind the scenes for them. He said Predator looks to be back on track, but the Alien franchise license he seems frustrated with having things sculpted but waiting for approvals.
I never get notifications that NECA have posted on twitter. I see the notification icon and there's a tick next to it, it's turned on. Am I misunderstanding how twitter works?

Anyway, yeah, looks like there's been a whole big thing going on which is why Alien and Predator news really dropped off.

I never get notifications that NECA have posted on twitter. I see the notification icon and there's a tick next to it, it's turned on. Am I misunderstanding how twitter works?

Anyway, yeah, looks like there's been a whole big thing going on which is why Alien and Predator news really dropped off.
That's what mine looks like, not sure why it wouldn't be working? Sorry I can't be of more help but I really don't use it much besides following certain companies.

Looks like several companies are dealing with the consequences of a new rights holder now. Tsume ran into issues with their lifesize Predator bust and cancelled the project, CoolProps ran into issues with their 1/3 Alien Warrior maquette and did the same. I only hope the folks at Disney get their house in order so they can pursue Alien and Predator merchandise as aggressively as they do with their other properties.

Back