NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously though. Does anybody know anything about the ultimate wolf coming out ever? First, pictures release in ‘17, and then they announce it again fo ‘19 I think. It’s driving me nuts! Does anybody know anything?

He has answered people on twitter since his return about the Avp:R 2.0 stuff and affirmed that it is still coming.

I just wonder if there are any parts of the figures that are now already outdated by newer stuff since they were made so long ago and have been constantly pushed back.

There’s literally no body they can recycle on the wolf. He’s got unique webbing, and is super skinny, so I hope they get it right

My guess would be that they want Wolf's release to roughly coincide with AvP:R xenos and the PredAlien, but we keep getting 'event' years for both of those franchises, causing NECA to reshuffle their plans.

2017 was the 30th anniversary line for Predator; 2018-19 was the new movie stuff; 2020 was Alien's (delayed) 40th + P2's 30th anniversary lineups; next excuse for delaying Wolf will be the need to make figures based on the Hulu Alien series lineup as well as the next Predator movie...

Additionally, they seem to be always a bit behind schedule, so their event-year lineups often end up carrying over into the following year(s). Alien 40th is a good example: should have been released in 2019, but wave 3 only just came out earlier this year and there's at least one more wave slated for later this year - not to mention the remaining crew members in their Nostromo gear that NECA damn better reveal before the line is all said and done. :mad: And then the P2 anniversary lineup, at the pace it's being released, could take until early next year to get them all out - and that doesn't even include the Harrigan variations that they damn better reveal before that line is all said and done! :mad: ...:lol
So, yeah, Wolf could be a ways off...:impatient:

Drone is damn right. And for Aliens they better damn give me Drake, Gorman and an Ops Battle Ripley & Newt on the next visit for that film. The rest of the P1 special forces team goes without saying but they better damn well make any of them that they can even if the obvious ones like Carl Weathers and Jesse Ventura decline. How 'bout Poncho and Mac.

On another subject I can definitively confirm it's currently not worth going 'Collector Grade' on BBTS as long as NECA are using the current packaging style with J-hooks that are part of the card. They're all arriving creased or almost torn off. Just go standard, they'll arrive in no worse condition.

Last edited:
...And for Aliens they better damn give me Drake, Gorman and an Ops Battle Ripley & Newt on the next visit for that film...
I do wonder if NECA is willing to recognize Ops Battle variations of the figures as worthwhile options. Hopefully, 'cause I want 'em all too! Years ago, I asked about the possibility of a Sub-Level 3 Hudson. Can't remember how I worded the tweet, but I tried to emphasize how essential it was. Randy's response: no, he didn't think that version of Hudson was essential. :monkey2
As for Drake... I see that you already saw NECA's twitter feed today. :dance
I guess having to wait another year or more is better than never.

I do wonder if NECA is willing to recognize Ops Battle variations of the figures as worthwhile options. Hopefully, 'cause I want 'em all too! Years ago, I asked about the possibility of a Sub-Level 3 Hudson. Can't remember how I worded the tweet, but I tried to emphasize how essential it was. Randy's response: no, he didn't think that version of Hudson was essential. :monkey2
As for Drake... I see that you already saw NECA's twitter feed today. :dance
I guess having to wait another year or more is better than never.

Hopefully he won't be delayed as long as the AvP:R 2.0 stuff :horror

Would I recognize you on twitter? I decided to keep my SSF name over there aswell (but I capitalized the A and D this time!), couldn't be arsed thinking of a new handle.

You would have seen I asked for Gorman although didn't specify what version - both, ideally. Clean and BD Ops battle version but one does get the impression that for the most part they aren't going to do variants of human characters in this franchise (or from Predator - I doubt we'll ever get a ''Death scene'' Hawkins for example where he had stripped down to the T-shirt). Maybe if the line goes on long enough but it's also possible it will just quietly fade out as their bigger money making franchises like TMNT take over.

Hopefully he won't be delayed as long as the AvP:R 2.0 stuff :horror

Would I recognize you on twitter? I decided to keep my SSF name over there aswell (but I capitalized the A and D this time!), couldn't be arsed thinking of a new handle.

You would have seen I asked for Gorman although didn't specify what version - both, ideally. Clean and BD Ops battle version but one does get the impression that for the most part they aren't going to do variants of human characters in this franchise (or from Predator - I doubt we'll ever get a ''Death scene'' Hawkins for example where he had stripped down to the T-shirt). Maybe if the line goes on long enough but it's also possible it will just quietly fade out as their bigger money making franchises like TMNT take over.

Hmmm... yes, I guess those AvP:R delays do set a concerning precedent. In my post of a few days ago, I somewhat jokingly mentioned the potential of the upcoming media entries to these franchises for causing further delay to figure releases... but maybe that is no joking matter!

You're definitely familiar with my username on twitter, as I do my best there to give positive support to any tweets I notice where fans are requesting more human figures from the ALIEN/S/3, Predator/2, and Terminator/2 films. My engagement there is about as sporadic as it is here, but since you're one of those fans fightin' the good fight to let Randy know what figures we still need, I know I've liked a number of your tweets since noticing you over there. I go by Hive_Builder which, now that I think about it, does have some unintentional resemblance to my username here (hive builder / drone... yeah?). I suppose it is not always safe to assume that an A-Dev in one place must be the same person as an a-dev in another, but if the matching usernames weren't enough of a clue, the content of your tweets compared against your posts on this forum definitely confirmed it. :lol

Keep up the good fight on the twitter front - I think letting Randy know that fans like us are still out here does at least something to forestall that 'quiet fading away' of our favorite toy lines, and hopefully increases the likelihood of getting more of our missing Marines + variants... + Connors, + Harrigans... etc., etc.

Hmmm... yes, I guess those AvP:R delays do set a concerning precedent. In my post of a few days ago, I somewhat jokingly mentioned the potential of the upcoming media entries to these franchises for causing further delay to figure releases... but maybe that is no joking matter!

You're definitely familiar with my username on twitter, as I do my best there to give positive support to any tweets I notice where fans are requesting more human figures from the ALIEN/S/3, Predator/2, and Terminator/2 films. My engagement there is about as sporadic as it is here, but since you're one of those fans fightin' the good fight to let Randy know what figures we still need, I know I've liked a number of your tweets since noticing you over there. I go by Hive_Builder which, now that I think about it, does have some unintentional resemblance to my username here (hive builder / drone... yeah?). I suppose it is not always safe to assume that an A-Dev in one place must be the same person as an a-dev in another, but if the matching usernames weren't enough of a clue, the content of your tweets compared against your posts on this forum definitely confirmed it. :lol

Keep up the good fight on the twitter front - I think letting Randy know that fans like us are still out here does at least something to forestall that 'quiet fading away' of our favorite toy lines, and hopefully increases the likelihood of getting more of our missing Marines + variants... + Connors, + Harrigans... etc., etc.

Ahhh, I knew I liked that Hive-Builder chap! Thanks for the follow, I just gave you a follow in return. I only ever post on twitter as responses to NECA, in fact I only joined for that purpose :lol I don't have a high opinion of the likes of twitter and facebook generally because I think they're playing a huge role in the rising division and tribalism in the developed world, moreso than a forum like this ever had. Damned hashtags and trends - I can't help but look at them and I always end up despairing for humanity when I do. Your twitter stream seems to be right up my street though. :duff

Yeah, gotta keep registering the interest in these licenses as they get older and older. At least we can do that with NECA. We seem to have no ability to talk to or know that we're being seen by Hot Toys. I try to strike the right balance on twitter between acknowledgment of past figures and requests for new ones. The temptation might be to just bombard every NECA post with lists of everything you want but I suspect that gets annoying.

. . . I don't have a high opinion of the likes of twitter and facebook generally because I think they're playing a huge role in the rising division and tribalism in the developed world, moreso than a forum like this ever had . . .

Oh yeah - SO much truth.

Remind me again why we get on :)

^another good one, that Heavy Metal Spike. :hi5:

Yeah, my general feeling about twitter, facebook and probably many of the other ones can be summed up with this

Maybe then everyone would be able to calm the **** down.

I recently picked up the ultimate edition jungle hunter and did some work on it. It's a great figure!

I almost never post on here now... I don't know why, I always enjoyed these boards... Hopefully that'll change. Life seems to get in the way!
IMG_6121.jpg

Thanks! Repainted the helmet, skulls, hands, ?gloves?, armor, leather ?skirt?. Changed the ?strings? from the thick black ones to thin brown strings. Added wires off the helmet and plasma caster. Gave the blades a more metallic reflective paint.

Thanks! Repainted the helmet, skulls, hands, ?gloves?, armor, leather ?skirt?. Changed the ?strings? from the thick black ones to thin brown strings. Added wires off the helmet and plasma caster. Gave the blades a more metallic reflective paint.

Cool - a labour of love - and it shows!

Is there going to be an AVP Ultimate line? I'd like a Celtic...
What about the Predator 2 greyback elder ultimate?

I'm sure they'll offer an AVP assortment at some point, who knows when. After the "lost" predators nothing has been announced (although they've teased predator: hunting grounds figures). The ultimate greyback will likely be the last "lost" predator released - i'd guess this time next year?

Does anyone else have the ultimate battle damaged city hunter in hand? If so, is his left forearm on upside down? I think it's a production issue from the one i could find on ebay. Gonna be a real pain if people want to plug in that severed arm...

Disappointed by the Ultimate BD city hunter.

The paint is sloppy and inconsistent even for my standards. And when I say it's inconsistent I mean for example that the head and arms don't seem like they match everything else. The beading on the dreads is badly done. The blood paint isn't great, there's excess yellow. And there doesn't seem to be as much blood on as many parts as there was on the past release. For example the previous release (from a 2pack) had blood splash on his wrist gauntlet where this figure has none and the older figure had more splatter on the torso/waist area. I can't check the movie to see what's more accurate.

You've got the usual stuck joints - notably the thigh swivel - which often needs to be adjusted out of the box on NECA figures because they can be turned awkwardly in the packaging - to fix this you end up needing to take the legs off entirely and even with the hairdryer it can be difficult to unlock the swivel action and you can end up tearing the softened plastic or otherwise cause warping that means you end up with excessive looseness - the latter was already a problem with the prior release (wobbly legs) which I was hoping not to have with this new one.

Meanwhile, if you want to put a full bio-mask head on this figure you need blue-tack assistance inside the head socket because the joints - for some unknown reason - are not the same. The head will be loose and will fall off otherwise.

Lastly they missed the opportunity to provide his medical gear although this was already known.

Yeah, not a great figure. I like the box though.

Disappointed by the Ultimate BD city hunter...
Ah, shoot. I've got two of these in my Pile o' Loot at BBTS. I must've had a reason for pre-ordering 2... but now I'm not so sure what the reason was. :unsure:

Disappointed by the Ultimate BD city hunter.

The paint is sloppy and inconsistent even for my standards. And when I say it's inconsistent I mean for example that the head and arms don't seem like they match everything else. The beading on the dreads is badly done. The blood paint isn't great, there's excess yellow. And there doesn't seem to be as much blood on as many parts as there was on the past release. For example the previous release (from a 2pack) had blood splash on his wrist gauntlet where this figure has none and the older figure had more splatter on the torso/waist area. I can't check the movie to see what's more accurate.

You've got the usual stuck joints - notably the thigh swivel - which often needs to be adjusted out of the box on NECA figures because they can be turned awkwardly in the packaging - to fix this you end up needing to take the legs off entirely and even with the hairdryer it can be difficult to unlock the swivel action and you can end up tearing the softened plastic or otherwise cause warping that means you end up with excessive looseness - the latter was already a problem with the prior release (wobbly legs) which I was hoping not to have with this new one.

Meanwhile, if you want to put a full bio-mask head on this figure you need blue-tack assistance inside the head socket because the joints - for some unknown reason - are not the same. The head will be loose and will fall off otherwise.

Lastly they missed the opportunity to provide his medical gear although this was already known.

Yeah, not a great figure. I like the box though.
That's disappointing to hear, I'm still waiting on mine. Really strange that the masked head wouldn't work.

Back