NECA Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody goofed.

I love this Dr. Loomis figure, but I just realized today that he's way too tall. Probably because their H2 Myers is too tall since he's based off the 2018 body. Here's a comparison picture, please excuse that the new Myers head has had the stock paint removed so I can repaint it from scratch.
That repaint of the original H2 head is stunning, look forward to seeing what you do with the newer improved sculpt, from some angles the blood tears head from the new set looks like it might make a great H1 repainted.

Woah. Height issues aside, that's an excellent repaint of the H2 🤘🤘

That repaint of the original H2 head is stunning, look forward to seeing what you do with the newer improved sculpt, from some angles the blood tears head from the new set looks like it might make a great H1 repainted.

Thanks. I did that repaint last year since I had an extra ultimate H2 to experiment with. I'm working on the new sculpts as we speak, I just finished the hair and applying the fleshtone layer. That first sculpt isn't bad, it does have all the right Kirk mask features to it, but for some reason it came out wonky. It reminds of the bts photo with Warlock holding the coke can. The new sculpt does look better. The stock paintjob was decent, but I didn't like the way the lips and eyebrows looked, plus the clean mask head had a bad eye print, so I have to repaint those as well.

I just recently got this set. I haven't opened it yet but I'm completely blown away by the Loomis.
20220420_125721.jpg
20220420_125754.jpg

I finally finished my repaints of the new H2 heads. I would have had them done sooner, but I had to redo one of them because of a mistake and of course life gets in the way too.

The new sculpt is 1000% better than the original, especially once you repaint it. The stock paint isn't terrible, but I hate the fake shadows neca paints on the cheeks, eyebrows, and chin. I made sure to weather them differently since the blood tears mask wasn't the same as the hero. I also tried to paint the blood as thin as I could.

Attachments

• IMG_8403.JPG
    IMG_8403.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8461.JPG
    IMG_8461.JPG
    282 KB · Views: 18
I finally finished my repaints of the new H2 heads. I would have had them done sooner, but I had to redo one of them because of a mistake and of course life gets in the way too.

The new sculpt is 1000% better than the original, especially once you repaint it. The stock paint isn't terrible, but I hate the fake shadows neca paints on the cheeks, eyebrows, and chin. I made sure to weather them differently since the blood tears mask wasn't the same as the hero. I also tried to paint the blood as thin as I could.
Those repaints are unreal, you could be forgiven for thinking those are full size masks. I don't know if both of the new H2 head's are the same sculpt underneath but I've always felt the face on the blood tears had more of the H1 facial features, the eyes aren't quite as stretched out as the cleaner head.
I was never a fan of the blood tears look/scene so I've taken that head and tried to mod it into a H1. Started by removing the hair, trimming down the inner head sculpt, widening the eyes and then heating the mask and re gluing it to try and make the mask less round/fat in appearance. Done a quick re sculpt on the hair to see how it compares and I think it definitely resembles the H1, especially the scenes with Tommy lee Wallace in the mask. For the Castle stretch look the original Neca Reel toys is still the best H1 for me at the moment. Would love to see you repaint one of those!

Attachments

• 20220519_203937.jpg
    20220519_203937.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220519_204020.jpg
    20220519_204020.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220519_203817.jpg
    20220519_203817.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 0
Back