NECA Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I've heard, sounds like the same thing they did with the 2018 figure, though the difference seems more subtle on the eyes, and in this case, the heads seem much more identical too, where the shape of the face and the hair style on the 2018 heads were quite different. I like the eyes showing on the 2018, but unfortunately they did it on the head I like least overall, so I use the blacked out eyes on display.

The kills were pretty much the only good part.

The rest of the movie felt like a bunch of disjointed skits that take place in the Halloween universe. Everything felt so random.

My Kills was delivered today, can't wait to get home from work!

It's a great figure, I picked mine up recently, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

Speaking of, it appears that as part of the process of developing the Kills figure, NECA created a clean, 2018 sculpt as a base and the reissued 2018 figures are coming with a new head that looks closer to the Kills figure in detail and proportion than the original 2018 heads.

Interesting. Wonder if the torso is less...inflated as well. The proportions on the kills figure are really good.

I would imagine no, comparing them side by side, at quick glance you'd think the kills torso was the same as 2018 just with damage added, but there are some small details changed, particularly wrinkles in the right shoulder. It's not impossible though, I didn't expect new heads.

The kills were pretty much the only good part.

The rest of the movie felt like a bunch of disjointed skits that take place in the Halloween universe. Everything felt so random.
I did enjoy the flashback scene to the original movie. Even the Loomis in that was pretty great. Only part of that scene that bugged: the cop that froze and watched his partner die - kinda frustrating cause you dont need an intense scene cause a character is incompetent. Do both. Scary scene with competent characters. LOL

0xOwes7.jpg

With TOTS releasing a 78 8'' figure hopefully Neca can get a ultimate 78 out someday. Picked up the original Neca cult creations version and done some slight mods, eye reshape, hair resculpt and repaint all over. Much prefer it now over using the Tramer H2 sculpt for a 78 figure.
20220310_234901.jpg
20220310_234916.jpg
20220310_235017.jpg
20220310_235056.jpg

While I plan to get the ToTS, it would be nice for the fun of posing to get a NECA Ultimate.

I wonder how different Micheal will look in Ends and what the NECA figure will end up being.

Finally picked up the Kills figure, have to say it's probably the best one they've done for me so far, headsculpt is great and the body proportions are better than the 2018, not so much of a thicc boy lol. Was inspired by cosplay chris' batmobile custom build to make a dio for this figure using LED strips with cotton wool to imitate the fire, turned out quite well, the doorway isn't super accurate but it's close enough for me.
20220320_191112.jpg
20220320_015210.jpg
20220320_015235.jpg
20220320_015026.jpg

I finally found the 2 pack today at Target. $75 :eek: (tax included) is a bit crazy for this set, but at least I found one with decent quality control.

Both figures needed all the arm joints heated up as they were frozen solid, but their knees were fine and move perfectly:dunno.

Dr. Loomis is the star of this set. He's perfect. The likeness is spot on, the articulation is excellent, and the paintjob is really good. I love the inclusion of the swappable arms for taking his coat off. The only flaw is the sloppy paintjob on his lighter, which I will have to fix as the paint is bled onto his fingers pretty bad. It would have been better if the lighter had been a separate piece cast in clear orange plastic like the flame effects. I do wish he had come with an extra pair of hands so you wouldn't have to keep removing them every time you swap the arms out. His 2 guns are also nice, but I am going to repaint them a little since mine are a bit sloppy.

This new H2 Myers really surprised me in how different he is from the first ultimate release. The coveralls are much darker and are green this time, very similar to Ultimate Roy Burns' coveralls. The new heads do look great in person. I do plan on repainting the masks from scratch, I can't wait to see the sculpt with a better paintjob. I did notice that his hands swap out easier than other figures that use this same sculpt/tooling. The weapons are all the same as before. The knife blade on my set was almost transparent, they did not use enough silver to cover the clear plastic used. (I had the same issue with the original ultimate release.) The flame effects are pretty cool, they fit on the figure surprisingly well.

The pumpkin feels like an afterthought, mine is really poorly painted. I might repaint it if I'm bored on a rainy day.

Overall, I love this set. The higher price sucks, but that seems to be everything right now.

Attachments

• H2pack.jpg
    H2pack.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 27
Somebody goofed.

I love this Dr. Loomis figure, but I just realized today that he's way too tall. Probably because their H2 Myers is too tall since he's based off the 2018 body. Here's a comparison picture, please excuse that the new Myers head has had the stock paint removed so I can repaint it from scratch.

Attachments

• IMG_8291.JPG
    IMG_8291.JPG
    344.2 KB · Views: 54
Back