NECA Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cGuvZ3I.jpg

H2 sculpt was terrible and I was not going to try to make an H1 out of that tramer so I made a whole new sculpt and modified the H2 body.

Attachments

• PXL_20210818_055318919.PORTRAIT~2-01.jpeg
    PXL_20210818_055318919.PORTRAIT~2-01.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 101
Ok, I have the olde Neca Myers H1 Loomis and Porch set. The figures are a tad dated, but still nice. Since H1 seems perpetually caught in money hell, I decided to try my hand at a little cobbling. To start with, I took a Neca 2018 Myers body. With a scalpel I removed the flapped pocket top from the left side, and glued it to the right. I then used some putty to re-sculpt some detail in the side where the pocket was removed, as it was "flat". I took the Tramer head from the H2 Ultimate. Removed the hair plug from the mask. Easily done. Grab at back at base of the hair at back of the neck and pull forward. Like an autopsy. Once the hair was off, I took the scalpel and cut the sideburns off Tramer's hair, re-painted it, and re-painted the mask. I didn't want to get too detailed in the paints, as I still wanted it to have an action figure look, and not look like one of my kits. The Tramer head is by far and away NECA's best likeness in this scale in my opinion. Here are some pics.

View attachment 466272
View attachment 466273
View attachment 466274
View attachment 466275

Attachments

• PXL_20210818_055235909.PORTRAIT~2-01.jpeg
    PXL_20210818_055235909.PORTRAIT~2-01.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_210812_014602~2-01.jpeg
    IMG_210812_014602~2-01.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 96
Not especially in the grand scheme. A single Ultimate typically ran $32, which would put two of them at $64.

Looking at the new Mummy ultimate at $38, that would be $76 for two. I think we're starting to see price increases brought on by the pandemic. It makes sense, as much as it may be unfortunate, costs of goods all around are on the rise, resources are in shorter supply right now. I don't know about other folks here, but I'm often finding empty shelves still in my stores for different products.

I think their toon Myers is really cool. I picked one up in Target.

What are the chances we get a glimpse of an ultimate '78 Myers with their October reveals?

Anything is possible, but every time they mention it, they say it’s not possible.

They only do H2 and the new movies, all of which fall under Universal Studios, that seems to be a key factor in what they’re putting out.

Literally NECA in a nutshell:

Randy: We aren't going after Harrigan from Predator 2 because it wouldn't sell. Kids won't buy it, they wouldn't know who the character is.

Also Randy: Hey look! Buy our Silent Night Deadly Night and Slumber Party Massacre mego style figures!

:rolleyes:

I think their toon Myers is really cool. I picked one up in Target.

What are the chances we get a glimpse of an ultimate '78 Myers with their October reveals?
It could happen now thanks to the flashback scene. They can always label it as Halloween kills. Kinda like how tots found a loophole in the licensing. Create a clean mask and call it the Elrod mask from Halloween 2 lol

I think the Tramer mask with the original H2 Ultimate was their attempt at a loophole of sorts.

It'd be interesting if they pulled off an H1 as a flashback figure because the shots so far look closer to the H2 look than H1. I wonder if it was on purpose as homage and a nod to the change happening in H2 '81.

Back