NECA Jaws

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be in for a smaller, head out of the water shark. I honestly don't see the point in the full shark lol.

Weird that Brody would be announced and put up for pre-order and then cancelled. I assume NECA would have gotten permission from Scheider’s estate before making it. I wonder why they would revert on giving out the rights.
I think they definitely had a deal and they pulled out at the end for whatever reason, they still have licensor approvals that happen before figures are finished and put up for production. Seems like they dropped out last minute, which just seems crazy to me.

I'd be in for a smaller, head out of the water shark. I honestly don't see the point in the full shark lol.

I think they definitely had a deal and they pulled out at the end for whatever reason, they still have licensor approvals that happen before figures are finished and put up for production. Seems like they dropped out last minute, which just seems crazy to me.
At this point I'd be surprised if we get the shark at all, how long has it been since the inital announcement now?

I was already out when I learned these were doll bodies and real clothes but any remaining smidgeon of temptation was killed off when the Scheider estate pulled the plug. It truly is all or nothing for me with this film. And the 3 guys are more important than the Shark IMO.

Just when you thought it was safe to close your wallet...

Where has dockside Hooper got to!? Shouldn't we at least have him before they go announcing another variant!? Hopefully he's imminent. I want he and Quint to at least be recreating their cup vs can duel if nothing else.

Non-scuba Hooper's shirt looks like its from a 1970s Peter Rabbit plush toy. Those pockets... 😬

Hooper4-scaled.jpg

What's nice is between both figures, you get 3 head options that are viable for the non-scuba version, nice to have the option of a head that doesn't have hair sculpted for hats.

Really like the looks of the scuba Hooper. I was surprised by how much I liked the Quint when got him, just a damn shame the Scheider estate pulled back at the last minute. Then again Dreyfuss ended up coming on board, so hopefully down the track we get the Chief. Now if we could just get the damn shark.

The Shark Cage Hooper is shown on a retailer I sometimes use as coming out Oct 2022 and the regular is listed as July/August. Take that with a pinch of salt, but, here's hoping.......

Eeeeee, I hope it's the camera angle, that head looks mahoosive, and don't get me started on the lantern jaw. Just spotted the jacket, the pockets aren't even level! WTH Neca!?

Is that really the best we can expect for this license? Jesus H Christ.

Ah whatever, we can't even complete the trio anyway.

Hope it is just the angle or how the jacket was packaged, but if you align the pockets it looks like the collar will sit high in his left.:unsure: It does look like it can be ironed down. Overall, not bad. Kind of what I expected. Quint was like that. He was better in person.

What do you expect when NECA dedicates 90% of their resources to Turtles now?

They found their MCU and all other licences will suffer as a result.

I saw that petes custom Quint used a GheeWhiz Quint outfit but heavily modified... in a very good way.

On a side note: will NECA ever release those two Hooper 1/8th figures? The first Hoop is way overdue now.

Back