Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neca Dracula (Carfax Abbey) version is up for preorder.

07615b52-f114-42f1-a9de-34026e2c7bf1.jpg

41b59fba-527b-4c8b-9c39-944729ce3e07.jpg

64c8e53d-3550-42e1-9fda-fc11e976cd2b.jpg

Last edited:
It’s important to note that this Dracula isn’t just a black and white version of the first one. It’s his look once he arrives in London. Pop one of the color version heads and hands onto this and you have a different look. Note the cape has the light lining in it and not just black like the color version. It’s a great way to get some additional mileage out of a black and white variant.

the only two grips I have about this series of figures is Dracula Carfax Abbey they have him wearing the same tailcoat and waistcoat from the Transylvania look, which once he gets to London he wears a 30's tailcoat which is shorter, high waisted and doesn't have satin buttons to his 20's tailcoat he wears in Transylvania and his waistcoat has more a u shaped opening. The Phantom is suppose to have chelsea boots they can be seen in photos taken at the time. Two different looks

Attachments

• OdElULY.jpg
    OdElULY.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 0
  • dracula-still-6.jpg
    dracula-still-6.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 0
  • edward van sloane and bela lugosi dracula 1931.jpg
    edward van sloane and bela lugosi dracula 1931.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 0
the only two grips I have about this series of figures is Dracula Carfax Abbey they have him wearing the same tailcoat and waistcoat from the Transylvania look, which once he gets to London he wears a 30's tailcoat which is shorter, high waisted and doesn't have satin buttons to his 20's tailcoat he wears in Transylvania and his waistcoat has more a u shaped opening. The Phantom is suppose to have chelsea boots they can be seen in photos taken at the time. Two different looks
You may very well be the only person on earth to notice these things you are pointing out,lol.

I actually love the Bride enough now to want that headsculpt in 1/6
YES !
She is in my top 3 most wanted figures in 1/6 scale.
Kaustic Plastik did a Dracula, but I'm afraid they will only do men figures. I don't know what's the deal is with female figures but nobody seems to care.

I'm hesitant to buy the KP Bela Lugosi because if they don't do any other Universal Monster...it's best to buy the Neca more complete collection, even if it's a smaller scale.
We had a Creature from the Black Lagoon from Mondo, a Dracula from KP...each 1/6 company seems to do only one figure.

YES !
She is in my top 3 most wanted figures in 1/6 scale.
Kaustic Plastik did a Dracula, but I'm afraid they will only do men figures. I don't know what's the deal is with female figures but nobody seems to care.

I'm hesitant to buy the KP Bela Lugosi because if they don't do any other Universal Monster...it's best to buy the Neca more complete collection, even if it's a smaller scale.
We had a Creature from the Black Lagoon from Mondo, a Dracula from KP...each 1/6 company seems to do only one figure.
maybe if enough people show interest for one
I want a Luna from the non-Universal Mark Of The Vampire
I love the creature,but did not like that Mondo release

So far I picked up Dracula and Frankenstein and have on order The Invisible Man, The Phantom Of The Opera and The Bride Of Frankenstein. The early images of Dracula don't do justice to the actual figure the paint on the head sculpts is remarkable for a figure of this scale. I would say this line is the best Neca has done to date.

Couldn’t press the preorder button any faster!!! Looking forward to the eventual Creature B&W and GITD versions.

Also, do you all think NECA would ever do a Glenn Strange Frankenstein’s monster?

Anyone who doubts the quality of this line, or the dedication to being loyal to the source material, is crazy. This is easily the best Universal Monsters line in this scale to date.
Agreed, I don’t think it’s possible to get better versions in this scale than what Neca have done. They’re all fantastic but their Dracula is a masterpiece. The Creature does not disappoint either. Brilliant line.

NECA Creature from the Black Lagoon is up for preorder.

90bc6de7-d31a-4464-9ee6-e126ae5d9138.jpg

c82a0ed2-d085-4e00-b99a-ff3c43588b37.jpg

FrxsYlZWwAQ5JiQ
The sculpt is great but that paint application is what really distinguishes this figure. To date I felt NECA's b&w Frankenstein was their best offering, this may well be their best now.

Oh man that is nice! Looks like they went with the scheme from the Life magazine shoot. Some have said the pics were retouched, but, I thought they were genuine:
241707505_10227646017564350_8408180238556479094_n.jpg

Now that we have all the main universal monsters let's have obscure ones that have never had this scale. I want to see a Claude Rains Phantom.

Back