Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's a sign of the times I suppose. With Ultimates being £50 (Bricks and mortar price.) now it does make it harder to justify it. Completing a line, just to complete it, is a bit of an ask now. Where it would have been nice to have something like the full crew of the Nostromo, spending £350 on 7" figures doesn't make it enticing. I will probably get what I consider to be the 'Unholy Trinity' ie Dracula, Wolf Man and the Frankenstein Monster but that could well be where I'll stop.

I guess I am the only person who isn't affected by the lack of a sarcophagus. I mean, Frankenstein didn't come with the spiral castle staircase, and Wolfman didn't come with a forest, although they were pictured with them,lol. Seriously though, I am sure if there are any dollars to be made, the accessories pack is forthcoming. Think Camp Crystal Lake and Freddy furnace accessories. I guess we should be glad we are even getting figures given the state of the world presently.

I’ve heard reports that Randy did confirm an accessory pack with the sarcophagus will be coming. I guess most were just anticipating it being included when Diamond included it with theirs.

I’ve heard reports that Randy did confirm an accessory pack with the sarcophagus will be coming. I guess most were just anticipating it being included when Diamond included it with theirs.
Yeah, but DST's figure that came with the sarcophagus doesn't move, and he's asleep/dead with arms crossed and eyes closed. I think the selling point for that one actually was the sarcophagus, and the Mummy was the bonus. The TRU/DST version actually had movable arms and a wakey wakey head.

Just bought the B&W Frankenstein Monster, UK retailer, just under £50 with 1-2 day postage. There were cheaper methods, but, I thought, why wait!? He'd set me back £50 alone if I got him from a local retailer. Happy days!

20210917_164716.jpg
20210917_164744.jpg
20210917_164850.jpg
20210917_165128.jpg
20210917_165251.jpg
20210917_165449.jpg
20210917_170517.jpg
20210917_165750.jpg
20210917_170017.jpg
20210917_170115.jpg

Frank is a home run. How can you not love him. Gotta give props to Neca!!!!
Yeah. I don't have any complaints on this one. They killed it. The paint is clean and neat, it's all the accessories I need and the likeness on all three heads are excellent. Even the joints were good. I didn't feel like it was about to snap in half. This is a good start. I'm looking forward to Wolfman and the Mummy. And of course, we're all anticipating Lugosi at some point.

Yeah, NECA hit this out of the park. Apparently they use digital printing on the faces like SHF do. It's made a world of difference to the sculpts.

Is it fair to say NECA have little to know interested in 1/4 scale anymore. Wild love a 1/4 Frankenstein!

I think with rising costs they’d struggle to keep them under $200 these days, so I’d imagine 1/4 figures will be few and far between. They did just re-release the Batman Returns figures so they haven’t completely stopped yet, although I would think a second run of existing tooling is much easier than all new figures.

Yeah, I would love neca 1/4 sale monsters. I was so hoping we would get 1/4 scale Planet of the Apes when they had the license but that idea turned to **** when they couldn't sell any 7" figures.

Yeah, I would love neca 1/4 sale monsters. I was so hoping we would get 1/4 scale Planet of the Apes when they had the license but that idea turned to **** when they couldn't sell any 7" figures.
1/4 Scale universal monsters from Neca would be perfect , but unfortunately with the prices going high these days I think the selling price won’t be less than 200$ each

Yeah , probably you’re right.
It will depends on the selling rate and the support of the fans
My main concern is the rising prices. If the actual Monsters themselves cross the $40 thresh hold soon, Accessories and sets could prove even more expensive, which would turn off all but us die hards, and thus kill it before it ever got going. Not trying to be a downer, and I would support the stuff, but can't say too many others of us would.

Back