Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the black and white version, it is not a Walmart exclusive and is up for order from BBTS,EE, and other retailers.
Yea I know. I would prefer the coloured version but since its a Walmart Exclusive not sure if I will get my hands on it. I still do not have "ASH" from ALIEN 40th Anniversary which was also a Walmart Exclusive. So ********* NECA!!

I prefer to purchase NECA at collectable in stores due to their paint apps being all over the place sometimes. Ebay is a option I know exists but prefer not to use. Thanks for your help though. I have been collecting NECA since series 1 Hellraiser so this WALMART exclusive thing is frustrating
Yes, I forgot about the spotty paint apps from time to time. I am not sure why some stuff is EX and others not. I will use ebay as an option if its pics of actual in hand stuff, and the price is comparable to what I would waste in time, gas, resources. I hope you get Ash soon.

Thanks for the Ash tip, Anton! The last time I checked, eBay wanted $50 for them. This is basically the original price so I just ordered one.

Yea I know. I would prefer the coloured version but since its a Walmart Exclusive not sure if I will get my hands on it. I still do not have "ASH" from ALIEN 40th Anniversary which was also a Walmart Exclusive. So ********* NECA!!

Isn't the color version just a 30 day exclusive like the rest?

My Walmarts are bone dry on new NECA figures, so finding Frankenstein has been difficult. Preorder it is!

The Mummy teased.

E6rRnl8WEAAd3k_

I couldn't help but notice its the sepia toned, b/w version they teased. Perhaps because they already teased the color? I hope they tease a b/w Wolfman to appease the monochromatic base of fans. Otherwise, torches and pitforks might ensue.
NECA ULTIMATE UNIVERSAL MONSTERS COLOR SERIES.jpg

What’s hard with this line is knowing when teases are of the black and white figures or the color figures with dramatic photos. I honestly didn’t even think the new mummy tease was for anything other than the color one we only saw the close up of. I guess I’m just so used to seeing them in black and white it doesn’t even really compute anymore as a possible variant :lol

Picked up Frankenstein's Monster at Target today. Had to compare the 4 they had, thankfully I finally found one with good paint.

I'm really loving this figure. I'm not the biggest Universal monsters fan, but the characters are horror icons.

He looks so much better in person, especially once I had him out of the box. He's huge, he towers over the rest of my horror collection. He's very expressive, between the 3 heads, 6 hands, and the articulation. I will warn though that mine did have stuck joints. The elbows, knees, and ankles were all frozen and had to be heated with the trusty hairdryer. Now they move just fine. His heads swap out rather easily, as do his hands. My only complaint would be that for the price I feel like he should come with more, but I don't know what else he should come with. It's been too long since I've watched the film. I guess I'm just used to other ultimate figures having more accessories. Maybe he could have come with one more headsculpt.

Attachments

• frankie-1.jpg
    frankie-1.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I'm glad the colored version is popping up in Target. Still odd though the B&W version was announced first and hasn't been seen in hand yet right?

Back