Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't help but feel a tiny bit disappointed - this figure is so close to being really special but just falls short for me in a few key areas.
Firstly - its too small, I would have infinitely preferred this figure in either 1/6 or 1/4 scale.
Secondly - the sculpted clothes and the super visible joints - they're just ugly to my eyes. The clothes are so simple I have no idea why Neca doesn't just make them out of cloth - which would also have the great benefit of covering most of those large unsightly joints.
I do think the heads look like Karloff, maybe not a startlingly striking likeness, but again I do think that is something they could have addressed with a larger scale and more room for more detail.
Your first and second issues were always going to be issues since they're literally what NECA does best, 7" fully sculpted figures. I think NECA did Ghost Face with soft goods but I can't think of a single other 7" scale figure that they used soft goods with. NECA doesn't do 1/6 scale and I they barely do 1/4" scale as it is.

Is The Mummy next?

Attachments

• NECA ULTIMATE UNIVERSAL MONSTERS COLOR SERIES.jpg
    NECA ULTIMATE UNIVERSAL MONSTERS COLOR SERIES.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 49
I wish some of those reviewers would do a size comparison with other neca figures. Frankie towers over Kurt Russell in that video, so that's good, but I'd like to see him next to other horror figures and human characters. He should be around 6'4'' or 6'5'', so as tall or taller than most Jason figures.

Wolfman sneak...full reveal later this week. I dunno how I feel about this one. That stupid 90's style marketing guide green shirt that he never seems to not wear bugs me. They really need to use the Sideshow pf as an example of clothing colors for the character.
tumblr_251edfaabcee3f83017dbac380bd2770_6c7766c4_400.jpg

ScZ5kIb.png

I hope at some point soon it becomes clear what characters will or won't get releases in B&W and Color or this will potentially be really annoying.

ScZ5kIb.png

I hope at some point soon it becomes clear what characters will or won't get releases in B&W and Color or this will potentially be really annoying.
Wellllll.... if they plan to do Masque of the Red Death Phantom or Metaluna Mutant, there's absolutely no reason for those to be presented as black and white figures. The brief sequences in which those characters appear on film/in frame are in FULL COLOR. So maybe he is just being coy.

I'll be very disappointed if the monsters from black and white films do not have a black and white figure released.
I think his "no not all" reference may primarily be reserved for the two characters I mentioned. NECA is renowned for their re-paints. They want to make money. Offering the color versions first is the way to go though. The monochromatic versions don't sell as well as the color offerings. I think it is safe to say you will see black and white versions of at least Universal's Magnificent 7 (Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummy, Creature Phantom, Bride) if the line goes as deep as they seem to want it to.

The thing with the wolfman is he would probably be easily customized with a black and white version. The heads and hands will be undoubtedly interchangeable. As long as the feet can be swapped, you could put the color fur parts onto the black and white body. That would look closer to the Sideshow PF. Kind of surprised they didn’t do Frankenstein with the green jacket from that same era of colorized versions. The all black outfit and greyish skin tone really isn’t a huge difference color vs BW version. I wonder if we’ll get the green skin, green jacket version at some point too? Neca loves an easy paint variant!

Wolfman sneak...full reveal later this week. I dunno how I feel about this one. That stupid 90's style marketing guide green shirt that he never seems to not wear bugs me. They really need to use the Sideshow pf as an example of clothing colors for the character.View attachment 528578

What was the color of the outfit used in the film? Nobody seems to know for some reason.

What was the color of the outfit used in the film? Nobody seems to know for some reason.
The Wolfman's make up aesthetics and clothes change from film to film. Not as drastic as say Jason Voorhees does...but it changes. So they literally could dress him in whatever color scheme they desire, and it would be fine as the film is b/w. They seem intent on constantly attiring him in a green shirt. Kind of like Marvel always putting The Hulk in purple pants for decades,lol. The green shirt isn't a deal breaker. I just wish they wouldn't adhere to it so stringently with every single figure they release.

Kind of surprised they didn’t do Frankenstein with the green jacket from that same era of colorized versions. The all black outfit and greyish skin tone really isn’t a huge difference color vs BW version.
Frankenstein isn't in all black. His shirt is a flat black, and believe it or not...the jacket actually does have a tint of green to it, albeit faint. His flesh tones are a subdued olive green mixed with (most likely) a tad of flesh tone, and he has brown washes. His overall appearance does mimic the style guide, but in a darker way with regards to clothing, and a lighter shade with regards to the face.

Wellllll.... if they plan to do Masque of the Red Death Phantom or Metaluna Mutant, there's absolutely no reason for those to be presented as black and white figures. The brief sequences in which those characters appear on film/in frame are in FULL COLOR. So maybe he is just being coy.
I didn't realize they were doing those monsters as well, did they tweet that?

I didn't realize they were doing those monsters as well, did they tweet that?
No...no tweets. The fella over at NECA stated that they desire to "dive deep" into the Universal Monsters pantheon. Sideshow has dove the deepest up to this point. Giving us 1/6 characters no one else has. Characters like Bela the Gypsy, Fritz, Larry Talbot, as well as every actor who ever played the monster. So when someone goes deep, we can assume they will at least do the main monsters. Of which Metaluna Mutant and Red Death Phantom surely are, at this point, as both Sideshow and Super 7 have done them. Personally I hope NECA gets all the way to Mad Ghoul (never been done by anyone), The Creeper (only done by Amok Time in 1/6), Werewolf of London and maybe even Maleva,lol.

Back