Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man that is nice! Looks like they went with the scheme from the Life magazine shoot.
Those pictures were an awesome find back about 10 years ago. Kerry Gammill ( a huge movie monster enthusiast) helped "color correct " the photos as they weren't protected and aged poorly. Beyond that though, these pretty much look the way they would've if LIFE had published them in 1954 instead of throwing them in a file cabinet and letting them rot for 40 years.

I have always painted every CFTBL with the gold flake any time I have done a model, bust or kit for myself, or clients. It just makes the green pop and brings out the hidden details of the sculpts.

I know NECA is doing well with this line. Not TMNT levels of well, but possibly giving things like slashers a run for their money.

Cool,

I fed the pics into PhotoShop and was able, via the colour picker and online converters, to eventually find Vallejo colours that matched the main greens.

They are: 70.890 Refractive Green (Body) 70.895 Gunship Green (Belly)

I plan to use those on all my creature kits. It will be very handy though to have the figure as a 3D reference.

Couldn’t press the preorder button any faster!!! Looking forward to the eventual Creature B&W and GITD versions.

Also, do you all think NECA would ever do a Glenn Strange Frankenstein’s monster?
Whats GITD stand for?

Couldn’t press the preorder button any faster!!! Looking forward to the eventual Creature B&W and GITD versions.
Also, do you all think NECA would ever do a Glenn Strange Frankenstein’s monster

I finally was able to pick up Dracula and the Invisible Man, had to get them from Best Buy. Thankfully I had a gift card to use so these wound up not costing me much cash. Neca distribution locally has been almost nonexistent for months now. Target and Walmart are never stocked anymore.

Dracula is superb, the likeness is so perfect. My only complaint is that the collar of his shirt is a tight fit when swapping his heads around.

I love the cape, but I have heard it can stain his hands. Does anyone have any recommendations of what could be done to it to prevent that? Could it be soaked in something?

Invisible Man really surprised me, he's a really well-made figure. I knew I wanted him but had second thoughts in the store. Glad I said "what the hell" and got him. He's really good.

I have to do a few paint touch ups, but overall, I'm really impressed with the quality on these two. I did have to break out the trusty hair dryer to warm up a few joints to get them moving. Both had frozen elbows, and Dracula's ankle was stuck because a tiny amount of glue had penetrated the hinge. Thankfully I figured it out and was able to free it without doing any damage.

Attachments

• IMG_9121.JPG
    IMG_9121.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9136.JPG
    IMG_9136.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9149.JPG
    IMG_9149.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9157.JPG
    IMG_9157.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I saw "The Invisible Man" at my local Sunrise records $69.99 CAN. Granted Sunrise figures are expensive so it would retail for about $59.99 at TRU. Even at that price I can't bring myself to purchase. This is pretty much collecting for me in a nutshell. I'd rather spend my $69.99 somewhere else.

I saw "The Invisible Man" at my local Sunrise records $69.99 CAN. Granted Sunrise figures are expensive so it would retail for about $59.99 at TRU. Even at that price I can't bring myself to purchase. This is pretty much collecting for me in a nutshell. I'd rather spend my $69.99 somewhere else.
I am sorry you've been priced out. The line is great.

Ouch. I can't blame you. :(

Grabbed Frankie's boy and Dracula at Best Buy this weekend. $34 each, so not bad. They didn't have any Mummy or Wolfman, so I might just get those online. Add Creature to that and maybe Bride and I'll be all set. I have plenty of time between now and Halloween to make up a full-shelf dio.

How is that even possible?..

There is an FYE by me. I went in the other day and saw a Star Wars Black series figure that I entertained getting, as an impulse buy. I flipped it over to see the price, and put it back. It was marked $40. 7% sales tax would've put another $3 on it, so I said "no way". The pricing on all of this, even small impulse buys, is getting out of hand.

Yeah very silly when you see NECA Puppet Master tiny little figures going for $59.99 + 12% sales tax. I have only purchased three NECA figures this year Universal Dracula, B&W Wolfman & Mummy! Pretty much every other line in NECA is "a nice to have". No desire to pay over $60 a figure now. Star Wars Black series are $50 at our Canadian WALMART. Imagine buying only two figures and walking out of WALMART paying over $100. Can I afford it? SURE. I just don't want to.

Frank in the chair was never even solicited, and came as a total shock to a NECA retailer I am friends with locally. He got his Bride cases in yesterday. She's magnificent. This line is gonna hold the crown in this scale for awhile. He said he was charged for another monster arriving next week. He believes it is the Phantom of the Opera.

Back