Neca evil dead 1 ash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And that really sucks because that's how I'd display him - with the axe over his shoulder and the shotgun in his hand.

Also, wonder how long it will take for the bloody version..

I just hope this means we are going to get the possessed monsters from the first film. Before they were called "deadites" and were simply demon possessed friends of his. The first film scared the living daylights out of me. I saw it when I was 12, on a vhs tape with my grandmother, who deliberately made me wait until it was dark out before we watched it. She was more frightened of it than I was. Never really cared for any of the offerings after the first one. Yet the first one was legit scary.

I'm really digging the VHS style box art...

IMG_20220320_035726.jpg

IMG_20220320_033351.jpg

IMG_20220320_023959.jpg

IMG_20220320_025116.jpg

Make sure to check the end caps of the kiddie toy aisles! The Haulathon display at my store wasn't near the regular Neca stuff in the electronics section.

I missed him at my Target, they put him out almost a week early on a day I wasn't there. Sucks because he looks amazing.
Hopefully, more of these make their way out soon.

Got mine in today. Looks better in hand but that "looking" sculpt is awful lol.

Mine arrived yesterday evening. It's weird to finally have a figure from the original film.

The sculpt is really good, and the face prints are pretty clean. I am adding gloss to the eyes, as they are way too flat. He's all new, but you can tell they based his body proportions and design off of their Evil Dead 2 sculpt. His shirt might be a little too bright of a blue, but it's not too bad. Overall, they did great job getting his clothes right, especially the shoes.

His accessories are mostly excellent. The chainsaw is spot on, and I love the lantern since it can also double as the one from Evil Dead 2. The axe is cool, but I would have preferred we got the one that was actually in the movie. The shotgun has a perfect sculpt. but the paintjob is one of the worst I've ever seen. It's really sloppy. I will repaint it for sure.

If I had a major complaint, it would be that they cast his arms in flesh plastic and then painted the blue over it. I imagine the blue will gradually rub off his elbows and shoulders if care isn't taken when posing him. As expensive as these figures are getting, there is absolutely no excuse for that kind of shortcut being taken.

Also, I did have to heat the arm and leg joints as they were all frozen stiff.

Attachments

• ASH-1.jpg
    ASH-1.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 20
Back