NECA - Disney's Gargoyles Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is the other 5 will be to mirror this.

61hdJI1uD2L._AC_SX425_.jpg

Don't think I ever really watched the series and yet I had the old figures - I just thought they looked cool. I still played with figures back then and enjoyed mixing lines.

Don't think I ever really watched the series and yet I had the old figures - I just thought they looked cool. I still played with figures back then and enjoyed mixing lines.

Funny, I watched the show, but never had the figure. My best friend had the Goliath figure that came with the "stone armor." That whole line was surprisingly cartoon accurate.

i was same, watched the show regularly but never got around to the figures, can't remember why. I love the character design and the figure has so much potential for photography, I preordered instantly, this will be a fun figure to have, not sure I'll go all in on the line though, one character representation will do. Curious if they'll keep the heavyset one with that sort of figure or idealize it.

Looks awesome. It was a great show. I didn't realize I wanted a 1/6 version until now.

A 1/6 would be a beast, as it is, this thing has a 16" wing span on an 8" figure, 12" figure would be easily 2 feet.

i was same, watched the show regularly but never got around to the figures, can't remember why. I love the character design and the figure has so much potential for photography, I preordered instantly, this will be a fun figure to have, not sure I'll go all in on the line though, one character representation will do. Curious if they'll keep the heavyset one with that sort of figure or idealize it.

I might get Goliath. It's going to be a huge line, literally, with all those open wings. I might wait to see if they make a cartoon style version, with smaller wings, less muscle definition.

The added details are the allure for me, gives me more to work with in photography than the smoother design of the cartoon.

It does look nice. It looks like a whole new sculpt too. Yeah, I think I'll get him and that's it. I'm curious to see what the other ones will look like. The red one and the old dude might be impressive in this realistic style.

I could see them all being $30, even little Lexington. Kind of averaging the cost out across the line. Plus it’s Neca. You know stone paint variants are coming. So they’ll get some use out of the molds.

I would of rather had the more cartoon look than the realistic.

It does look nice. It looks like a whole new sculpt too. Yeah, I think I'll get him and that's it. I'm curious to see what the other ones will look like. The red one and the old dude might be impressive in this realistic style.

I?m actually wondering if they used the wings from the bat gremlin and the body is using parts from their superhero figures, which is why it has realistic musculature and not a flat animated look.

I am trying not to get into any more lines and am trying to cut back after getting hours cut. But if they show off stone statue versions I may break. I would just have to tell the wife it’s for home decor.

I?m actually wondering if they used the wings from the bat gremlin and the body is using parts from their superhero figures, which is why it has realistic musculature and not a flat animated look.

The wings are not the same. As for the body, it looks like a brand new sculpt to me. The chest and thighs look similar to Phantoms, but I can't tell if they're the same.

The way the gargoyles are built doesn’t really allow for much reuse between them. Maybe some feet or hands but the body types were all intentionally different. They’ll get to double dip with stone variants and maybe even animated shading or wing-cape looks for them. Neca are masters of endless variants.

Back