NECA - Disney's Gargoyles Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't bought anything from this line, but I was looking forward to the Steel Clan. I've always loved the design, and really liked the toy way back when, as he mixed so well with different lines like TMNT, Batman, etc.

Same as with the Gargoyles, unfortunately NECA added way more detail than was present in the show though. All those unnecessary lines really take away from the essence of what I liked about the design, so I guess this will be a pass for me.

Photo credit to Toyark.
SDCC-2022-NECA-Preview-Night-015.jpg

I don't understand why modern toy companies feel the need to force their interpretation on an existing franchise's style-guide. Sideshow did the same with their DCAU statues and McFarlane does it with a lot of Batman figures. Just use your skilled toy designers to do accurate representations and then go crazy on the detail with original designs.

Having said that, these figures look very nice, but why the went for a realistic-animated hybrid design is a bit odd to me.

Back