NECA Back to the Future

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ultimately, I think what it comes down to is Randy not wanting to do it anymore. Because that's the only explanation for thinking that there is a big market for an obscure 90s sitcom with no pop culture relevance in the year 2022.

Thing is though those figures could still have appeal to kids who don't know they show at all because they're humanoid Dinosaurs and Dinosaurs sell well. With Back to the Future most people (not us, Collector fanatics who want complete teams, multiple looks for each character and so on) they just want a Marty and Doc and they've got that. It sucks for us, I was looking forward to Part III figures but I could see why there's a decline in sales and why they may want to move on.

Not doing the DeLorean is a huge mistake though. Thay could have sold very well, even if they pushed it to a Kickstarter or HasLab style crowd funding model to get it made it would have made it.

Ultimately, I think what it comes down to is Randy not wanting to do it anymore. Because that's the only explanation for thinking that there is a big market for an obscure 90s sitcom with no pop culture relevance in the year 2022.

Did the same thing happen with The Goonies?

NECA gave us Sloth and Chunk (w/ the David statue) but that was it.

The truth is they're raking in money from Turtles. Amd they're killing other lines so they can dump time and resources into that instead.

I picked up radiation suit doc today from Target. He looks great and I’m glad the quality has been pretty consistent throughout the entire line. As others have said I hope we at least get Part 3 Marty and Doc so that way the collection feels somewhat complete.

Yeah I opened mine today and he's a pretty astounding looking figure. The headsculpt puts Hot Toys to shame frankly.

I fear once we get Griff the line is dead unfortunately. Unless they get to have a final hurrah sorta like the Prometheus 'Lost wave' with Part III Marty & Doc if they already had prototypes done or something.

Yeah I opened mine today and he's a pretty astounding looking figure. The headsculpt puts Hot Toys to shame frankly.

I fear once we get Griff the line is dead unfortunately. Unless they get to have a final hurrah sorta like the Prometheus 'Lost wave' with Part III Marty & Doc if they already had prototypes done or something.

Has Griff still not had a wide release yet? I picked him up from Target when they did their first haul a thon or whatever it was called.

NECA is very unpredictable. Look at RoboCop. Didn't touch it for several years and then came out of nowhere with a new head sculpt. Maybe BTTF III figures will come in 2027.

NECA is very unpredictable. Look at RoboCop. Didn't touch it for several years and then came out of nowhere with a new head sculpt. Maybe BTTF III figures will come in 2027.
Must admit their new Robocop, despite the shortcomings we've talked about, is at the very least worth replacing their previous Robocop figure with if one is keeping a NECA Robocop on display at all. The new paintjob is far superior to the flat matte silver of the leg holster figure from a few years ago. I'm even using the weird muzzle flash. It fits on the gun very securely.

What, 6 months after Target got it? I'm shocked that BBTS sells NECA stuff still considering how much later they get it than most others.

Back