Prop NECA Arkham Origins Grapnel Gun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one today, just out in Gamestop Ireland 2nd Oct. Its... ok.
Just to be clear there is only one type of grapnel claw, I was expecting two as shown in preorders but there was only the one (might have been my box though, it had been opened but it was the last one in the store). I do not think there is room in the box for 2 anyway.

So yeah it's ok, the claw is FOAM, the shaft and fittings are plastic, bit let down by that but then again it is meant to be shot. There is a tethered string between the claw and gun which can stop the claw being shot far but it's cool to press the button and reel it back in. Unfortunately it will not bear my weight :cuckoo:

IMO it is a TOY NOT A PROP REPLICA, like with any toy gun it is hard plastic and has the usual seems/joints along the centre. The colour is nice enough. If you are focused on realism, you will probably be like me, replace the foam claws with hard plastic/aluminium, replace the string for steel wire, remove the seems, add a few socket screws (which there are holes for) and repaint. But for €34.99 it's not that bad and you could display it on its own.

Thanks for that review! Could you post up some pics of it? I'm dying to see more of it.

Anyone knows if they are selling this in Gamestop stores in the UK? Going to London soon, would love to pick this up..

It's shipping in the US now.

That really sucks about the foam claws.

I ended up cancelling my order. Saw it in person and it kind of sucked. I wasn't expecting much for $35 but the crappy foam claws killed it for me.

Back