NECA: An American Werewolf In London: Kesslerwolf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing this pic on their Twitter page, I think I'll wait it out a bit longer and try to find one in the wild...

FFZh_8NWUAEs6C1

🤨

Saw a bunch of Nazi Demons at a local Walmart yesterday. No Kesslerwolf though.

There are several video reviews of this on YouTube now. The paint apps are definitely not as consistent on these as it was on the demons. A lot of them have heavy blue grey dry brushing on the muzzle and on the ears, and it's really distracting. It's mainly on the closed mouth head as well, which is the better of the two heads.

I have one in the post and if mine comes like some of the ones I've seen, the whole face and ears will want a repaint. On the whole it looks like NECA figures used to before they switched to the 3D ink printing they used on the demons. If they do a reissue of the wolf, it's possible the heads may be ink printed. We will see. I will hopefully have mine in hand tomorrow.....

There are several video reviews of this on YouTube now. The paint apps are definitely not as consistent on these as it was on the demons. A lot of them have heavy blue grey dry brushing on the muzzle and on the ears, and it's really distracting. It's mainly on the closed mouth head as well, which is the better of the two heads.

I have one in the post and if mine comes like some of the ones I've seen, the whole face and ears will want a repaint. On the whole it looks like NECA figures used to before they switched to the 3D ink printing they used on the demons. If they do a reissue of the wolf, it's possible the heads may be ink printed. We will see. I will hopefully have mine in hand tomorrow.....
My guess is they just use that for detail painting. This kind of overall is probably going to stay hand painted. ie inconsistent.

My guess is they just use that for detail painting. This kind of overall is probably going to stay hand painted. ie inconsistent.
Probably true, but those highlights are unnecessary and look sloppy when badly done like some I've seen. It's annoying when they appear to lift their game and then you get something that's a real step back by comparison.

No worries,

Got mine earlier. The blue grey isn't quite as jarring in hand, though I will still repaint mine when I get chance. I was able to get it into a pose I liked without taxing the joints too much. On the whole though, I'm happy to finally have a Kessler wolf in my collection at all. The weather is really grotty so I can't take any decent pics right now. Should it improve any I'll try and get some shots done.

No worries,

Got mine earlier. The blue grey isn't quite as jarring in hand, though I will still repaint mine when I get chance. I was able to get it into a pose I liked without taxing the joints too much. On the whole though, I'm happy to finally have a Kessler wolf in my collection at all. The weather is really grotty so I can't take any decent pics right now. Should it improve any I'll try and get some shots done.
Paint it yourself?

Perfect weather for a werewolf. 😬😳🌧️

Back