NECA: An American Werewolf In London: Kesslerwolf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, neca goofed big time on my order from their ebay store. Here's what I got in the mail today instead of a kesslerwolf.

Attachments

• 20211203_141305.jpg
    20211203_141305.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 49
It should be easy enough to sort out since even the included invoice lists the wrong item.

I dunno how the hell they screwed that up.

In case anyone was wondering how big the wolf is, this pic gives a good idea of scale:

57821893_10161785736240438_4997559534001061888_n.jpg

Based on that, I'd say the NECA one is in scale with the 8" clothed figures more than it is the 7" ones.

It should be easy enough to sort out since even the included invoice lists the wrong item.

I dunno how the hell they screwed that up.
I got my box today and the EXACT same thing happened. It makes me feel like they they posted Kessler Wolf before he was actually available and felt like they had to send SOMETHING. Waiting to hear back from them.

That's not good news. I ordered another from them because I thought it was just a random screw up on their part. If they've been doing this with all the kesslerwolf figs then they're going to have a lot of returns on their hands.

It's possible that, when they put the figures up on the site, the catalogue numbers for the Macready and the Kessler Wolf got switched. The guy in the warehouse got the number and went to the bay to get the figure for dispatch. Having been given the wrong number, you got the wrong figure.

I remember ordering my Respect Scarface direct from Enterbay. I got sent War by mistake, the boxes are nigh on identical with only very small type face denoting which is which. Obviously Macready looks nothing like a Kessler wolf, so, I suspect it's a number issue.

It's possible that, when they put the figures up on the site, the catalogue numbers for the Macready and the Kessler Wolf got switched. The guy in the warehouse got the number and went to the bay to get the figure for dispatch. Having been given the wrong number, you got the wrong figure.

I remember ordering my Respect Scarface direct from Enterbay. I got sent War by mistake, the boxes are nigh on identical with only very small type face denoting which is which. Obviously Macready looks nothing like a Kessler wolf, so, I suspect it's a number issue.
Your explanation is most likely what happened. The product SKU's probably were mixed up. Having worked in retail, I've had this happen with pricing more than once. My explanation was meant to be mostly "tongue-in-cheek". I'm sure it will be sorted out.

I sent an email asking that they double check that the correct item is being sent this time around. I guess I'll find out in a few days.

They sent me the correct fig this time. I could tell right away because the box it came in was about twice as big and about a pound heavier than the first one.

It's a really awesome figure. My sister was over when I got it and she was like, "That's what the werewolf looks like in that movie? I'm going to have to go watch it now.".

Beware the swoon!

I had a front elbow joint go on mine. It didn't snap, it just went loose. It wouldn't stay up on all legs and sagged at the front. This is only from having it stand there for just shy of a week. I didn't heat the joints either! I had to run superglue into the joint so it stayed tight in the position I wanted. It's just a standing/walking pose too, nothing dramatic. So, be prepared guys. If the joints are tight, carefully get the pose you need and then leave it alone, otherwise you'll have a drunk werewolf on your hands.

Given the size of the torso, the thinness of the front legs and having it in the stance from the film, squatted down, I'm sure they will all go this way eventually.

Probably true.

That being the case, why did NECA design them so that would be an eventuality!? It was the same with the Gremlins, too many needless joints when all you wanted them to do was to stand up. There are figures where a lot of articulation is a must, like say Spider-Man or Bruce Lee, as those particular characters did dynamic poses. However, the Kessler wolf was a dancer on a plank and Gremlins were just puppets and never really did much anyway.

As long as it looked good, I would have been happy even if it had been a statue.

Last edited:
Back