NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it was quite depressing.
NECA only posted their already announced next series (can't remember what number it is) with Ripley and Lambert reissues in Compression Suits and the "Giger prototype" alien...

To be fair it totally slipped my mind but in past years a big enough deal was made of it in advance that it wouldn't have been allowed to slip my mind. Maybe it just won't be a thing anymore. :(

I did post on NECA's Facebook post and their twitter feed whether they have any intentions of fixing the front of the dome... let's see if they find it annoying enough to block me or if they'll just ignore me. Probably the latter.

I did post on NECA's Facebook post and their twitter feed whether they have any intentions of fixing the front of the dome... let's see if they find it annoying enough to block me or if they'll just ignore me.

Child's play. Ask for a 1/4 Resurrection Warrior instead. :rock

Beautiful shot. Very convincing background, what are we looking at there?

Thanks. The background is just a screenshot from the film on my monitor, the figures are just standing on a crude platform in front of it. I actually would love to build a few nostromo diorama sets one day, but for now the monitor trick will have to do.

One thing that's a bit sad with the Ash figure is paint rub, his elbows already have blue spots where the white is wearing away. Also the paintjob on the severed head is not the best, the white paint is not even close to lined up with the sculpt. I might try repainting the whole head eventually.

It occurred to me that it could be a screen but you lit the figures so well I also thought it could be at least part-diorama.

I like the face paint on your Ash - the eyes on mine, like my Parker, are kinda looking up which I don't like. Although at least in Ash's case it's kinda reminiscent of the trance-like moment just before he tries to ram the rolled up magazine down Ripley's throat.

51192451807_95e4da4837_b.jpg

I revamped my Hicks, gave his head and skintone a full repaint, redid his webbing and pouches, and scratch-built his shotgun scabbard.

I think the part that was the most pain in the butt was re-doing his arm tattoo, she ain't perfect but she's there, at least.

Also gave Windrix some love.
51191530127_d31574c0fc_b.jpg

Back