My New Anduril Forged At Weta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Doc, congrats on being a member of "The Ten." What's your number and did you get the Anduril belt and scabbard? They basically said that they sold the four Anduril belt and scabbards at a loss and the new edition reflects the actual costs. They also said that they don't expect to sell four this time.

Thanks. Brant and I have talked about you (all complimentary :naughty) so this means a lot coming from you.

:peace be with you too...
Wait, what, wow ?!?! :horror
Ok I'm scared now, you guys have talked about l'il me.
Please feel free to pm the notes of the conversation :naughty :lol
Thank you, I am honoured :grouphug.
Again Congrats. I keep looking at your piccies, it is such a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, all I can do is :drool
x

@Sam, you are killing me with that piccie :lol :lol
x

Last edited:
Hey Doc, congrats on being a member of "The Ten." What's your number and did you get the Anduril belt and scabbard? They basically said that they sold the four Anduril belt and scabbards at a loss and the new edition reflects the actual costs. They also said that they don't expect to sell four this time.

I have edition number 1.:monkey3 but you my friend have gone one better by getting the belt and scabbard.I really wanted them but sword was a much as i could afford.I take my hat off to you for having a completed set-up

the scabbard and belt pics look:drool:drool
picture.php

here is mine
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Doesn't the video of him making one, show just that. I got the impression that Peter did it all when it came to making 'hero' swords, since 1. they didn't have anyone else that could do it and 2. Peter wouldn't let anyone else do it anyway :lol

I'm ashamed to say that I didn't check out the on-line videoI'm tearing things up looking for the companion DVD. Re: my boldface of your quote, I'd say that you're 100% right that Peter did it all. I base this on reading between the lines of my communications with Weta.

Awesome piece Sky Rider just a beautiful looking sword.

So how you going to display it,behind glass,on a wall or under your pillow for any unfortunate that comes a creeping.:D

Well, there's some rearranging of things to do. I have a wall area that will work, including future editions... within reason*, but it needs proper lighting installed. As a matter of fact, this is the excuse that I need to rework the entire room lighting. My girlfriend reading over my shoulder just answered your, "... under the pillow..." query with an emphatic, "Oh hell no!"

* I know, reason left the building when I started this...

I forgot to add that I'm jealous of your number Doc and great picture. How the light is reflecting off of the blade gives a good idea of the quality of the finish.

Last edited:
You spent $6000 on a sword?
Unless youre totally rolling in dough, thats ridiculous.

"IF" I had the cash it would be a no brainer for me to buy the sword over say the bronzed Boba or Vader statues.

These are extremely limited and made by THE guy who made them from the films, so i'd say they're fantastic value. Easily good value compared to other expensive stuff out there.

... and for any of you potential "Bisquitboys/girls" out there, there are three Striders available.

I wish I could get one. :monkey2

These are amazing pieces and I'm glad we've got one of the ten on here to share the photos with us on the board.

Does Anduril have a pretty sharp edge?

These are extremely limited and made by THE guy who made them from the films, so i'd say they're fantastic value. Easily good value compared to other expensive stuff out there.

Yup. i concur with that. this is not an artist impression or even a prop based on pics. getting a sword made by the guy who made them for the movie is truly as good as it gets :lol

Only one of Strider's sword left now - #10. I'd be tempted, but Strider's sword is kind of plain. If I'd have known about Anduril though I might have bit. And Glamdring will be hard to resist.

However with the Cinemaquette Batmobile and Batwing this year - I'm not feeling very Pillsbury. :(

If I had this kind of money, I'd be looking across the room at my bronze Boba Fett statue while I typed this. Or rather, while I spoke this as my butler typed it for me.

This really is a thing of beauty, both announced/ released so far are :rock
I am just quitly wishing and hoping that I am able to get Sting as and when that is released. I doubt it will be possible with the reserved pieces (for peeps that bought the other swords) and how quickly it would sell out but I can dream :rock :duff
x :peace

I have already reserved the next edition and, gawd help me, the scabbard and belt.

I have done the same, although seriously questioning my own sanity at this point.

Went with the satin finish on Anduril, which is stunning. Now I'm really struggling with the new option for an aged/weathered finish on Strider's sword. I want it both ways, but paying for one is more than hard enough as it is.

Sky_Rider and Doctor, I'm curious which finish options you went with on Anduril, as well as what you are going with for Strider's sword? If you care to share.

Also interested in opinions from other forum members.

Back