My Homeade Display Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I thought I would share some pictures of my display case I made for Christmas gift, it was around $12 and was pretty easy to do using minimal tools here's a quick write up on materials and the process I am planning on building a couple more of these so I will take pictures of the process next time and add to this thread incase anyone wants to do this.

-Acrylic Doll Case - Michaels Crafts -$8.00 w/40% coupon
-Piece of 6x6 wood - A.C Moore - $.99
-Christmas LED Lights - Walgreens - $2.50
-Spray Paint - Had Extra Laying around

1. First I modified the Christmas LED lights, I knew I wanted a total of 9 lights however the set comes with 15, I cut the 6 off and wrapped the ends with electrical tape even though there was no exposed wire I just wanted to be safe. I chose the Christmas LED's because they were readily available cheap and nice and bright they also run on (2) AA batteries.

2. I measured on the piece of 6x6 wood where I wanted the Doll case and measured evenly where my LED's would go. Then I drilled the holes in the wood.

3. Next was the tricky part drilling into the Acrylic case, I lined up the holes and marked them with a punch so I knew where to drill, this thing is pretty fragile so go very very slow I cracked mine slightly but it's unnoticeable. Also make these holes a hair bigger than the others so you have some play when mounting the case.

4. Next it's time to paint it, I choose an Cappuccino Brown color but i'll probably go with Black next time.

5. Next simply poke through your LED's and hot glue them making sure you are through enough because it also needs to poke through the acrylic case.

6. get some more hot glue and throw it on the center line up the holes and mount the Acrylic Doll case.

Here's a few pics of it with a Sauron Toy but I need to clean it up some as it's full of finger prints and plastic shavings but I couldn't resist getting a picture or two. I'm thinking of putting some sort of bottom piece on it to cover the glue. (last pic was is a little dark just wanted to show how the lights do)

30utjic.jpg

i72aza.jpg

ixr4er.jpg

This looks great and is a very nice write-up! Thank you for posting along with all of the instructions and materials. I am currently looking for an inexpensive way to display some figures with minimal work and this might be the perfect option.

Back