My Custom Indiana Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedarkknight

Super Freak
Reaction score
Those of you who are on the custom Batman figures board my have already seen this, but I thought I'd share it for the people who haven't

Most of the pieces are Relic Hunter, but are almost all modified in some way. The jacket was sanded, the gun belt has a new buckle, etc.....

IndianaJones010.jpg

Head Close Up: This was bought off eBay, pre-painted. I thought it was a damn good job.

IndyCustomVersion3CloseUp.jpg

Whip Action: The whip is a waxed cotton. It looks like real leather though.

IndyCustomVersion3009.jpg

Weathered New Line Boots: I took sand paper to the boots to give them the comfy old shoe look.

4.jpg

Real Leather Holster: I made this myself. The color is close to the one from Raiders, but not quite. When I find the right leather I will redo it.

3.jpg

And lastly...Indy with Sideshow Han,

IndyHan.jpg

Looks pretty darn good! I was going to say that the paint on Indy's head could be better, but then I see that Han's paint looks quite a bit different in your picture than in real life, so it may just be that it didn't photograph well. Where did you get the hat, by the way?

I think it came with the figure. I bought an okay Indy custom and have been working on it for a year now. It's probably just the frontline one recast is latex.

The head paint is good, but I'd like it to be better. I have another head on the way that's plastic instead of resin and am now shopping for a painter. Not sure who I'll use yet.

Nice work DK. I like what you did with the shoes! They look great.
All in all, a valiant attempt at one of the hardest figures to weather that there is. I really like your results. That shot with the coat off and the whip out looks super!

Here's another update on the figure. New holster, whip holder and gun belt. Though they are not completely done yet, that will happen soon. Also, I have the wrong web belt on this one. It's khaki more like "Last Crusade" instead of the brown from "Raiders". The brown one is under repair and not quite ready yet.

I can't get the face color to come out right in the photos. He looks much better in person.

IndianaJones32.jpg

I bought the whip off eBay. The figure has been put together over a year with many pieces being replaced, upgraded.
Once the Sideshow one is out, I'll probably stop messing with it.

Very good work, especially considering the subject. As Les said, it is a pain to weather correctly. But you did a fantastic job. I love the shoes. :rock

This is a new head that I have. It doesn't have a sculpted beard but I do like it. The paint was done myself and I wanted input. The eyes will be touched up.

If anyone can tell me what paints to mix to get Hazel, please let me know.

NewHeadPaint.jpg

I painted my Indy's eye brown too. So I want to change them to hazel too. Try sending a PM (private message) to either Les Walker, or DarkArtist (Josh). They're some of the best painters I've seen on this board. :D

I also repainted the head that is on my figure to look a little less middle-eastern in tone. With that, sunburn was added and I think it's done. The face looks a little more red in the photo than in real life though.

IndyHeadBeforeAfter.jpg

A: Old Paint Job (not by me)
B: My paint additions (will not take credit for the whole head, just changes in skin tone.

Back