Prop My build of the "Proof That Tony Stark Has a Heart" gift (IMG heavy)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What material did you order it in?

I've priced up the primary components in the Raw Metal material and the price isn't that bad, I just don't what the quality is like

If they are nice then once I've built this I think I'm gonna go ahead and try and build a more authentic, metal AC

I just ordered it in plastic.

So I got my heat sink cage in from Shapeways... it is really great! Very detailed, sturdy...I think it will look excellent when painted. A few not great phone pics just to show it. uploadfromtaptalk1397175890404.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397175904507.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Nice. Unfortunately they can't build some of the parts in stainless steel, so I'll make do with the kit coming my way

Which kit? The one I used for the arc reactor from ThrowingChicken? If so don't worry about it, it just really looks great in person once built. You said you found a heat sink cage, too, right? I am really happy with this one though it seems just a tiny bit small when I put it on. I really could have done without it, but I really wanted it to look like the entire arc reactor was in the glass display box just like in the movie. It provides this great reflection in the back of the glass of the display box which is exactly what I was looking for.

Which kit? The one I used for the arc reactor from ThrowingChicken? If so don't worry about it, it just really looks great in person once built. You said you found a heat sink cage, too, right? I am really happy with this one though it seems just a tiny bit small when I put it on. I really could have done without it, but I really wanted it to look like the entire arc reactor was in the glass display box just like in the movie. It provides this great reflection in the back of the glass of the display box which is exactly what I was looking for.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the actual prop and having the complete look. Mine will from Throwing Chicken and it'll be his Heat Sink so hopefully there aren't any size issues

I still need to order that internal Chassis piece in plastic, which Plastic did you use by the way? And how are the details, is it crisp and clean?

Yeah, I know what you mean about the actual prop and having the complete look. Mine will from Throwing Chicken and it'll be his Heat Sink so hopefully there aren't any size issues

I still need to order that internal Chassis piece in plastic, which Plastic did you use by the way? And how are the details, is it crisp and clean?

I used the "Sturdy, flexible white plastic". It seems plenty strong enough, and the details are great, really. Quite clean overall.

...so hopefully there aren't any size issues.

Installed the heat sink to the back. Size-wise it looks perfect! Also rigged everything up electronics wise so now the reactor is removeable if I ever want to work/ on it or something. Now I am just waiting on the "Proof" ring, which was shipped yesterday, though it was economy, so it may be a couple weeks. Some more pics...

Looks really nice, although I would maybe recommend putting the light diffuser in the heat sink

a big chunk of circular Delrin should do it

Yeah I thought about doing that but wasn't sure if I cared that much considering how seldomly the back will ever be seen!

Back