MT TLOU - New 1/6 scale figure from Master Team coming soon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys just wanted to ask is anyone here who has the mttoys version of ellie did anyone else get there's with the tattoo on her right arm fading or completely missing areas I just got mine tonight and mine has faded some and areas are missing a bit

Looks like part of the leaves are missing on mine, as in the photo above.

Could always put a bandage on her.

TLOU2 Ellie bandage.jpg

Won't be an issue with CCToys' as she'll be wearing her hoody. If CC's is the same body and has a better tattoo I could just switch the arms over.

Looks like part of the leaves are missing on mine, as in the photo above.

Could always put a bandage on her.

View attachment 513738

Won't be an issue with CCToys' as she'll be wearing her hoody. If CC's is the same body and has a better tattoo I could just switch the arms over.

Yeah hopefully CCTOYS does a better job with the tattoo but I don't think they would change much if it's the same body I had a worry that this would be the major issue for both company's ellie figures and knew it would probably happen but I think what I might do to fix it is get a fine tip black sharpie goe over the areas that need work then put a clear layer of mod podge or something clear to have it stay I'm eventually going to give this figure to my bro as a birthday present when the CCTOYS release becomes nearer so I'm going to try and fix it as perfectly as I can

Yeah hopefully CCTOYS does a better job with the tattoo but I don't think they would change much if it's the same body I had a worry that this would be the major issue for both company's ellie figures and knew it would probably happen but I think what I might do to fix it is get a fine tip black sharpie goe over the areas that need work then put a clear layer of mod podge or something clear to have it stay I'm eventually going to give this figure to my bro as a birthday present when the CCTOYS release becomes nearer so I'm going to try and fix it as perfectly as I can

I'd wondered about it too, considering it's something that companies have avoided doing in the past because it's said to be difficult getting it to apply to this material.

Not an easy situation if you want to give her as a gift. The tattoo is green, so matching the colour could be difficult. So, for me, I'd go the bandage route, since MT already used that as a means of concealing her left wrist joint.

Bandage done.

51196860726_6f0e14d337_o.jpg

I dry brushed it with rust paint to simulate dried blood. The tattoo showed up as quite shiny with the camera flash, so I think this makes her look more natural.

Bandage done.

51196860726_6f0e14d337_o.jpg

I dry brushed it with rust paint to simulate dried blood. The tattoo showed up as quite shiny with the camera flash, so I think this makes her look more natural.

That looks really good what I ended up doing was just going over the entire tattoo itself with the sharpie it worked out alright I think it looks as good as I could get it and the color is black I didn't have the same color sharpie around but I think black would do and look just as good I'm not sure how to send pics on here but if I did I would send out some pics

That looks really good what I ended up doing was just going over the entire tattoo itself with the sharpie it worked out alright I think it looks as good as I could get it and the color is black I didn't have the same color sharpie around but I think black would do and look just as good I'm not sure how to send pics on here but if I did I would send out some pics

That's good that you found a solution.

You can insert pictures by clicking on the 'Insert Image' icon. You can select the 'From Computer' tab, then 'Choose file'. From there navigate to the image, select it and hit 'Upload File(s)'.

That option only started working for me again a few weeks ago, since this forum has become fairly broken in some areas.

I actually just swapped out the arms completely, the ability to pose her with double jointed elbows without fear of ruining the figure really brings out more possibilities.

I actually just swapped out the arms completely, the ability to pose her with double jointed elbows without fear of ruining the figure really brings out more possibilities.

I don't mind exposed joints either. All the figures with rubber arms usually end up in 'safe' poses, apart from my Scooby Daphne and Velma because those are dedicated figures in dedicated costumes that will always cover the arms.

The companies insist on adding angry sculpts for Ellie, but without being able to safely pose her to match the expression it's hard to use them without swapping bodies.

At least bandaging her arm means you can swap bodies or just the arms without worrying about her missing the tattoo.

Oh man, just a heads up.

Be very careful when posing her right arm cause I just realized that some of her tattoo was rubbing off while I was posing her :( It's not the worst, but still sucks and I haven't even had her out of the box for an hour.

Oh man, just a heads up.

Be very careful when posing her right arm cause I just realized that some of her tattoo was rubbing off while I was posing her :( It's not the worst, but still sucks and I haven't even had her out of the box for an hour.
This is why I said the body was the main problem, and since CCToys is using the same one they'll have the same issue, phicen bodies are great for aesthetic purposes but as an actual toy they leave a lot to be desired, doing tats on them will never work since whatever you print on there will crack and rub off since it's not a sturdy surface, and if you actually attmpt to tattoo the thing, the ink will bleed through and you'll end up with a mess.

The tattoo was an iffy idea right from the start:

Here it appears to have transferred colour with the bending of her elbow:

132013ypjpp9vbm1pa3mq3.jpg

It was also missing bits as well.

So I wasn't at all surprised to see a missing patch on my figure, and opted for the bandage which doubles as a game-accurate feature.

CC Toys' Ellie has her hoody, so any problem will be averted from the get go.

The tattoo was an iffy idea right from the start:

It was also missing bits as well.

So I wasn't at all surprised to see a missing patch on my figure, and opted for the bandage which doubles as a game-accurate feature.

CC Toys' Ellie has her hoody, so any problem will be averted from the get go.

Could've been avoided by getting a non phicen body, though a lot of collectors would rather have the phicen body over something with visible joints, a shame.

Could've been avoided by getting a non phicen body, though a lot of collectors would rather have the phicen body over something with visible joints, a shame.

That would've been a preferable decision.

Seamless or semi-seamless dictate the posing of the figure for me, so will almost always present a limiting factor for display. A tattoo printed onto plastic would also have offered longevity for that novelty.

As it was, and is, it's a feature I was prepared to write off even long before pre-ordering.

This is why I said the body was the main problem, and since CCToys is using the same one they'll have the same issue, phicen bodies are great for aesthetic purposes but as an actual toy they leave a lot to be desired, doing tats on them will never work since whatever you print on there will crack and rub off since it's not a sturdy surface, and if you actually attmpt to tattoo the thing, the ink will bleed through and you'll end up with a mess.

Any chance we get anything from LIMToys in 1/6 for this line? or a revisit to the first game?

I swapped the original shoes and pants she came with and went to town on weathering everything up, also went and added the bruise on her right cheek bone and the cut to the chin on both head sculpts.

Attachments

• IMG_20210604_175156186_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210604_175156186_HDR.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Has anyone received their MT Ellie from OSK? The tracking on mine hasn’t updated in over a month. I am hoping that it is just delayed because of COVID rather than lost.

Has anyone received their MT Ellie from OSK? The tracking on mine hasn’t updated in over a month. I am hoping that it is just delayed because of COVID rather than lost.

I received mine from him 18th May.

He sent it by China Post ePacket on 11th May. It might have been just lucky that she found an available flight quickly.

Delivery times are still a lottery, and have varied between 5 and 67 days.

Back