Most Prized Comic Book(s) You Own!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have a couple personal biggies. One is the first Wolverine miniseries that kicked off the regular book. Here are the other two.

capullocomic_zpszdimlgwe.jpg

Signed by Snyder and Capullo

zeckcomic_zps2yxrldsm.jpg

Signed by artist Mike Zeck.

I have not bought any of these most prized comic books but I'm so curious about "The Amazing Spider Man". The 15th issue of Amazing Fantasy is the 10th most expensive comic book ever. Its value is $ 280,000. Its very expensive!

I have not bought any of these most prized comic books but I'm so curious about "The Amazing Spider Man". The 15th issue of Amazing Fantasy is the 10th most expensive comic book ever. Its value is $ 280,000. Its very expensive!

The value is contingent on the actual condition of the comic. So you can have a ton of first appearance comics from the 1950's/1960's but if their not in Great/Near Mint condition, there's almost no way you're going to get that price.

I have AF #15..I do want to get it graded, but there's no way I'd fetch $280K for my copy, probably not even a quarter of that.

I think CGC has a list of the most highest-graded expensive comics of all time.

The value is contingent on the actual condition of the comic. So you can have a ton of first appearance comics from the 1950's/1960's but if their not in Great/Near Mint condition, there's almost no way you're going to get that price.

I have AF #15..I do want to get it graded, but there's no way I'd fetch $280K for my copy, probably not even a quarter of that.

I think CGC has a list of the most highest-graded expensive comics of all time.

Isn't there a super high grade Action Comics #1 out there?

Probably the first appearance of Deadpool--New Mutants 98--though I've got a few Silver Age comics, and a few scattered others that have some value. I've got the first appearance of Adam Warlock, which may go up at some point. . .also the first appearance of Gambit, though I guess his movie is on hold.

Probably the first appearance of Deadpool--New Mutants 98--though I've got a few Silver Age comics, and a few scattered others that have some value. I've got the first appearance of Adam Warlock, which may go up at some point. . .also the first appearance of Gambit, though I guess his movie is on hold.

Nice!

New Mutants was a good series with 1st appearances. I managed to snag a Cable 1st app too out of that series. I missed out on the silver age comics but tried to collect the bronze and copper age comics with value.

Add me to the list of New Mutants #98. Most prized to me for Value and that I'm a gigantic deadpool fan. Just waiting to send it off to get graded and slabbed.

Mine is an Amazing Spider-Man 1 (2014 series) signed by Stan Lee, and the team from the book: Dan Slott, Humberto Ramos, Victor Olazaba and Edgar Delgado CGC 9.6, mainly for the Stan Lee CGC signature.

I want an Amazing Spider-Man #252 CGC'd because that's the very first comic that I remember ever reading

Totally amazing comics "freaks" - You all have some very rare comics. (pieces of comic history).

I don't have anything quite as special as what I have just looked through on these pages.

gwen1.jpg

gwen2.jpg

gwen3.jpg

gwen4.jpg

I have a handful of CGC slabbed comics that are kept in CGC cardboard short boxes, but these are the only ones that I have up on display in acrylic wall hanging cases and I guess they would be my "most prized". All my comics are modern, quite recent stuff.

Instead of putting a long rectangular print or painting in the area between the two windows, I did this.

Thank you very much Shawpaw, glad you liked them.

You are very wise in regard to mentioning UV light effecting the condition of CGC slabbed comics.
Some folk don't know about these things and have Statues, CGC comics, etc, in direct sunlight which will definitely effect them.

I was initially a bit skeptical (still kinda am) that the acrylic wall hanging cases would add any protection from UV light, but the combination of the original slabbed CGC case and then the acrylic wall hanging case over the top seems to be working o.k. (for now :) ).

Originally put them up on the wall on December 2015 and just recently placed them next to "unslabbed" copies of the same books that I have had sealed in Mylar bags to do a comparison to see if the covers looked faded or anything - I couldn't notice anything - but then again I am definitely not a comic grading expert or anything.

I would be lying if I said that I don't sometimes think about if they are being faded / effected by UV light. (which is why I checked them recently).
I do keep the room fairly dark and never have the blinds opened. (my display cases with statues are all in the same room).
- you can see the reflection of the cabinets on the CGC cases.

UV light is definitely not something to take for granted or to be careless with. (protect yo stuff peeps).
I will prob take the Spider Gwens down in a year or two and do another comparison just to check.

Happy comic book collecting all.

I think I might have a new "most prized" Shawpaw.
(I know these books had very mixed reviews and certain controversy surrounded them,
but I was definitely a fan of many aspects of the story and really enjoyed the artwork and design of the "wytches").

This is Wytches #1 FIRST PRINT (Hastings Edition - Becky Cloonan cover).

wytches.jpg

Back