Monarch: Legacy of Monsters (Apple+ MonsterVerse TV Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how I feel about a show like this, I want more Monsterverse stuff but I don't know that they can really do much with setting it during that time, going off the movies and comics and stuff I would think that doing it after the latest movie would give more freedom to do cool things.

I do expect they'll do more movies considering GvK did so well, the contract needs to be updated since that was the last movie it allowed for but I would be surprised if they didn't.

Eh I don’t know how I feel about a series either. Godzilla is a big screen type character. Plus then there is budget. Idk. Seems meh .

I believe this is going to take place between 2014 and King of the Monsters, so I don't think she will be involved, their family was dysfunctional during this window of time.
That's good. I didn't mind her in KOTM (my favourite film in the series) however her sub-plot in GvK was too much.

Going to be a lot of talking on this show.

Every episode: Start with 20 seconds of Monster.... talk, talk, talk, talky-talk-talk... end with 2 minutes of Monsters...

Not sure how I feel about a show like this, I want more Monsterverse stuff but I don't know that they can really do much with setting it during that time, going off the movies and comics and stuff I would think that doing it after the latest movie would give more freedom to do cool things.

I do expect they'll do more movies considering GvK did so well, the contract needs to be updated since that was the last movie it allowed for but I would be surprised if they didn't.
I would think they’d keep the movies going while the show is too like they’re supposed to do the John wick movies & the continental series

Oh boy, now they can throw in even more of that human drama everyone loves so much about the movies.

First look at the series.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

Last edited:
Kurt and Wyatt better be playing father and son or that’s going to drive me crazy :lol

Or at least one a flashback and one a present day version of the same character. I could get behind that too.

Kurt and Wyatt better be playing father and son or that’s going to drive me crazy :lol

Or at least one a flashback and one a present day version of the same character. I could get behind that too.
That's exactly it, the series covers multiple points in time and they're each playing the same character at different times.

I didn't know they were going to bring Goodman back for fresh footage, so with regards to Hiddleston, anything is possible, but nothing officially announced.

The first two episodes will drop Nov. 17. A new Ep will drop every Friday through Jan. 12, 2024

John Goodman is a pleasant surprise! Having Goodman and Russell on the same show is going to be great. It’s also nice to see the 2014 Godzilla design again.

Back