MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Nada figure looks okay-ish. Far from perfect but I can at least see some Roddy Piper in the sculpt.

MacReady on the other hand.. oof. Just not seeing it. Also while Mondo is making an effort their tailoring leaves a lot to be desired.

I ain't buying either one. While I am a huge fan of the Thing, I have found the NECA and Distinctive Dummies figures work just fine for me. At the rate the dollar keeps declining, these might wind up being $550 each,lol.

I know its possible it could be the photography, angle, lighting....but all I see when I look at "Mac" is the Asian actor Sammo Hung.

a4efc2fdfdc5afaf3fb250724e228965.jpg

449993-IMG-1303.jpeg

What bugs me is that it's Mondo making it. They announced the Doomslayer from Doom Eternal years ago and never made it, then this weird Kurt sculpt is being shown?

I have enough experience with their showings at conventions to know this will be shown for years and might need very even be made.

It would be nice for a decent Mac to come along as I sold my custom years ago. I'm kind of hoping a third party manufacturer will do an unlicensed version. For now, I'm glad Neca dipped their toes into the license.

It would be nice for a decent Mac to come along as I sold my custom years ago. I'm kind of hoping a third party manufacturer will do an unlicensed version. For now, I'm glad Neca dipped their toes into the license.

Yep...praying too.

I'll drink to that.
macready-drinking-jb 2 GIF.gif

Got banned by Mondo on IG for DM'ing them on the state of Mac.

This is EXATLY the Way to treat prospective customers. If your social media team cannot take constructive criticism get the hell away from this hobby. You won't make it

It better be. That sculpt was hideous.

It's cool though that two companies are making Kurt Russell figures from Carpenter films with Asmus making Snake Plissken too, whenever that gets shown.

Back