Action Figure Mondo God of War 1/6 Kratos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing stubborn is you not knowing and not accepting.
This is how it's handled in Transformers and the same rules apply to this figure.
What is there not to get and why am I stubborn?

Let's say, for ***** and giggles, that I am wrong.

Then why do I have a Transformers oriented 2nd channel where people listen and are thankful for my advices, for years. That and it went so far that they were happy about me and my best buddy opening up our own shop so they can actually benefit from that. A friend that would back me up, btw. 100% on this, because he does comparisons from KO to official and we mainly collect said 3rd party Transformers.

Would so many people believe what I say and BUY from me, WITH CONFIDENCE I might add, if I would be wrong?

No, good talk, little one. Back to the sandbox.

This is how it's handled in Transformers and the same rules apply to this figure.
This isn't a knock of kids toy, so they don't. No one here seems to agree with you so it doesn't matter what your friend, that isn't here, thinks.

Unlicensed companies in the 1/6 scale world operate much differently to knock off Hasbro figures or whatever.

These could pass for officially licensed products, with ease.
1670592522432.png
1670592555269.png
1670592659518.png

No, good talk, little one. Back to the sandbox.
Do you think that being condescending wins you a debate? You don't sound cool talking down to people. Calling someone a kid on the internet is about as generic as insults go.
But anyway, conversation over, since you insist on referring to me as a child. Lets refrain from getting more heated than it needs to be.

Axe update looks great, although they could have done a deluxe edition or something with the upgraded weapons.

I will say, I had always thought that these companies refrained from getting likeness 100% because of legal reasons. Kit from OSK actually corrected me and informed me that these companies don’t give a single **** about these licensing laws, they just can’t get things right most of the time. That’s why we have some incredible 3P figures and also some **** ones.

Kit from OSK actually corrected me and informed me that these companies don’t give a single **** about these licensing laws, they just can’t get things right most of the time.
That's exactly what I thought.
If any of these companies really gave a thing or two about licensing laws, the action figure market would look quite different...

This isn't a knock of kids toy, so they don't. No one here seems to agree with you so it doesn't matter what your friend, that isn't here, thinks.

Unlicensed companies in the 1/6 scale world operate much differently to knock off Hasbro figures or whatever.

These could pass for officially licensed products, with ease.
View attachment 611880View attachment 611881View attachment 611882

Do you think that being condescending wins you a debate? You don't sound cool talking down to people. Calling someone a kid on the internet is about as generic as insults go.
But anyway, conversation over, since you insist on referring to me as a child. Lets refrain from getting more heated than it needs to be.

Axe update looks great, although they could have done a deluxe edition or something with the upgraded weapons.

As an actual closer:
No one agreed with you either and 3P TFs are no child toys.
Over!

Lots of 3rd Party Transformers look nearly identical to the source material and could pass as officially licensed products especially recent stuff that have been going for toon accuracy or incredibly accurate to the movies. The ONLY thing that doesn’t make them official is the fact that they don’t have a faction symbol painted on and don’t have a Hasbro/Takara label on the box. If you show someone MS Light if Peace, they’ll say it’s Optimus Prime pound for pound. Only issues with that have nothing to with accuracy but rather engineering like the back pack not folding up enough that it sticks out from behind the ribs or the hollow arms/elbows. There’s no slight discrepancy b/c it’s third party and unlicensed. Same for any of the FansToys figures, XTB, Unique Toys, NewAge, TransArt or any one else.

Giving a pass on being inaccurate b/c it’s a 3rd party item, regardless of transformer, 1/6 or any other scale is just an excuse to allow for a mediocre figure. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Lots of 3rd Party Transformers look nearly identical to the source material and could pass as officially licensed products especially recent stuff that have been going for toon accuracy or incredibly accurate to the movies. The ONLY thing that doesn’t make them official is the fact that they don’t have a faction symbol painted on and don’t have a Hasbro/Takara label on the box. If you show someone MS Light if Peace, they’ll say it’s Optimus Prime pound for pound. Only issues with that have nothing to with accuracy but rather engineering like the back pack not folding up enough that it sticks out from behind the ribs or the hollow arms/elbows. There’s no slight discrepancy b/c it’s third party and unlicensed. Same for any of the FansToys figures, XTB, Unique Toys, NewAge, TransArt or any one else.

Giving a pass on being inaccurate b/c it’s a 3rd party item, regardless of transformer, 1/6 or any other scale is just an excuse to allow for a mediocre figure. Simple as that.

I never said that it doesn't look mediocre. In fsct I stated that a few posts back and also posted that HT did it too, on Drax.
So I'm not giving it a pass, I'm trying to explain why it MAY look like that, while everybody else took the more negative approach.

Not paddlin back on anything I said, could've written it better even, but I think everyone would've read over that anyhow.

At the very least you put some validity to my points regarding 3rd party.

I never said that it doesn't look mediocre. In fsct I stated that a few posts back and also posted that HT did it too, on Drax.
So I'm not giving it a pass, I'm trying to explain why it MAY look like that, while everybody else took the more negative approach.

Not paddlin back on anything I said, could've written it better even, but I think everyone would've read over that anyhow.

At the very least you put some validity to my points regarding 3rd party.

I'm not trying to be argumentative with the below but you saying this:
Well, it's 3rd party and they're not allowed to use the likeness, I get that.
[..]

Implies that you were saying because it's unofficial and therefore aren't technically allowed to use the likeness, the figure is ok/passable/allowed to be mediocre. And what other's are saying that the fact it's 3rd Party and unlicensed isn't an excuse to be a mediocre figure and gave examples of other unlicensed figures/products that are incredibly accurate regardless of being technically/legally not allowed to use the likeness either.

If you were saying otherwise then I guess it was all a misunderstanding. But the way you worded that and a few subsequent posts came off as "Well it's allowed to be awful b/c it's unlicensed and 3rd party" or "it has to be somewhat different form the source material b/c it's unlicensed so they aren't allowed to go for full accuracy." Which isn't a good argument when other companies have gone for and succeed with full on accuracy even without being a licensed item.

I think that's why you were getting the blowback from the comment

Last edited:
He’s right, @EndoSickness

You’ve been arguing that it’s intentionally inaccurate to avoid copyright laws when that’s not the case. Just like with Drax, it’s simply laziness and/or incompetence.

You also shouldn’t try to validate your views by arguing from a position of imagined authority. We’ve all seen the types of people who can amass a following online and that in itself is by no means a virtue or indicator of possessing a more valuable or accurate insight.

I wouldn’t take relationship advice from a couple on OnlyFans just because they have a large audience who enjoy watching them and are thankful for their ‘content’ just as I don’t value Justin’s opinion on figures he ‘reviews’ anymore than the average collector simply because he has high viewership numbers.

Last edited:
He’s right, @EndoSickness

You’ve been arguing that it’s intentionally inaccurate to avoid copyright laws when that’s not the case. Just like with Drax, it’s simply laziness or/or incompetence.

You also shouldn’t try to validate your views by arguing from a position of imagined authority. We’ve all seen the types of people who can amass a following online and that in itself is by no means a virtue or indicator of possessing a more valuable or accurate insight.

I wouldn’t take relationship advice from a couple on OnlyFans just because they have a large audience who enjoy watching them and are thankful for their ‘content’ just as I don’t value Justin’s opinion on figures he ‘reviews’ anymore than the average collector simply because he has high viewership numbers.

That's right and I still believe that but here:
Well, some people listen to reason and good argumentations from other parts of collecting and some are just...you.

I never justified it anywhere. It doesn't look good, but this is how things are.
Deal with it.

I even SAY that it doesn't look good. Given: I could've said that I don't know if it's intentional, or not, but I still said.
And above poster is right: enough with this.

It doesn't look good. Period!

Does anyone know if Mondo will make a Ragnarok version? Debating or wondering if I should just PO the world box one. How is world box quality?

Hey guys, did anyone see any updates for the Onetoy GoW? 5 days left to pre-order from Kit, don't know what to do.

Back