Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still no shipping confirmation here. No surprise though as European collectors usually are served last. Always had problems with replacements from Sideshow as their replacement stock was usually already run out when I received my order...
I'm in the US and still haven't gotten a shipping notice. Maybe being sent in batches?

This one is a bit of a mixed bag. This is my third 1:6 figure from Mondo. 1st being their Creature From the Black Lagoon and the 2nd is their Animated Joker. Both of which were knocked out of the park imo. Nice tight joints. Paint apps were great....here there's some issues. First the knee joints when bent are extremely loose at the swivel areas. Making posing anything other than a vanilla standing pose a pita.
Second there's paint rubbing issues. The armor he comes wearing out of the box cause paint rub on the chest. And while swapping the weapons there's additional paint rub on the handles. Eh.....
The silver lining I guess is that he'll be displayed on Battle Cat and the knee joints won't be a huge issue and the simple paint detail will be an easy fix to repaint wear the rubs are in effect.

Otherwise a fun figure. Not sure I'd go as far to say worth the cost though.

Another potential nitpick for those planning to do any modding or body swapping as I was planning, He-man is a BIG boy. So planning any body swaps might be an issue.

Screenshot_20221227_201900.jpg

Quick showcase video on My Instagram if you'd like to see more pics.

My boy came too- I really like him! He comes with so much stuff it's kinda ridiculous. His joints were super tight- to the extent it was actually a little difficult to move his legs or get him to pose- but I managed. I didn't see any obvious paint rubs but granted I opened him in my dark office and the sun never showed up today so... who knows.

I'll admit a part of me got him to impress the crap out of my 5 year old. Which of course, he did.

The "Now Kids" hand is hilarious. Also, he can cock his hip most provocatively :D

Untitled by Galacticatt, on Flickr

Look at him compared to this guy, who already towered over original He-man, lol (apologies for the sink portrait, lol)

Forgot to mention that we (the kid and I) tried on all the armor pieces, they all fit very well. One complaint is how hard it is to get the thunder punch shield on - or generally get stuff into his hands. But I guess others have done just fine so I suppose I'll stop whining.

NOW I regret missing that ridiculously huge Battle Cat. This guy will never fit on my Revelations cat.

Last edited:
That's interesting, I thought the basic one would be essentially the same guy, but with less stuff.

I couldn't listen to the review with the sound on (being at work) but it seems to me the biggest difference on the figure itself is just the fur skirt vs. strip of cloth...

I will say I was feeling a bit stupid buying that expensive time release guy when the basic guy was SO much less (and I never really thought I needed all of the different armor and different heads and such), BUT- I do like the fur skirt a lot better. And the classic chest armor piece. So now I don't feel so bad after all :)

Still hoping for a basic Shera though...

That's interesting, I thought the basic one would be essentially the same guy, but with less stuff.

I couldn't listen to the review with the sound on (being at work) but it seems to me the biggest difference on the figure itself is just the fur skirt vs. strip of cloth...

I will say I was feeling a bit stupid buying that expensive time release guy when the basic guy was SO much less (and I never really thought I needed all of the different armor and different heads and such), BUT- I do like the fur skirt a lot better. And the classic chest armor piece. So now I don't feel so bad after all :)

Still hoping for a basic Shera though...
The ones in the video are the original release from a few years ago and this new deluxe release. Mondo is also releasing a more basic version of the new deluxe later this year.

Oh I see, thanks for the clarification. I was thinking the basic Heman was already released for some reason.

Am I the only one (on this thread) with the broken torso QC issue?

The torso stays on in the straight out the package position but when I rotate the figure, the torso separates from the rest of the body.

I saw a couple reviews mention the same QC issue (Mad Hatter did a whole video on it, and another channel said to buy wire wrap covers to heat it back on).

Will Mondo address this?

I saw that they are sending everyone free replacement heads for She-Ra - but I'm not sure how common this torso issue is for all the He-Man figures out there.

Mad Hatter Mondo he man.jpg

Are you referring to this @sabin23?

Florian (the box artist for the Heman stuff) talked about this on Heman.org
Screenshot 2023-01-13 124100.png

I'm also in another Mondo thread and some members encountered no said issues on the Deluxe Timed Heman.

Edit: There has got be more friendly PSA posts and no squawkings about “I spent so and so amount on this figure and it looks like trash". So the old addage that states: "When life give you lemons, you make lemonade out of it" goes out the door and the negative posts keeps on coming by toxic members.

There’s one review on YouTube that this person got whiny and crabby over his copy of Heman that fell apart on him while fiddling around with it. We all get that you forked out a hefty amount of $$ to get it and upon getting it, it looked like dog barf and it’s not up to your standards.

Last edited:
I had that issue (top falling off the bottom) with Hordak. I asked Mondo about it, and they never did respond.
Eventually I just added some plumber's tape and seems more stable. After watching the video- maybe a "heat tube" would be better, but I am loath to buy an entire box of those things for just one tube that I need.

I am grateful He-Man doesn't have the same issue.

Last edited:
I noticed allot of people who got them have paint coming off on the chest from the armor he was wearing. The paint looks a bit chalky which has me wondering if they skipped spraying any sealant on the paints. It seams to me that would be the best preventative method to clean these issues up and protect what is there. Matte acrylic sealant is a marvelous protectant for products like this.

I did not have paint coming off the chest for mine. There was plastic and foam between the chest and the armor he was wearing (when he came).

Am I the only one (on this thread) with the broken torso QC issue?

The torso stays on in the straight out the package position but when I rotate the figure, the torso separates from the rest of the body.

I saw a couple reviews mention the same QC issue (Mad Hatter did a whole video on it, and another channel said to buy wire wrap covers to heat it back on).

Will Mondo address this?

I saw that they are sending everyone free replacement heads for She-Ra - but I'm not sure how common this torso issue is for all the He-Man figures out there.

View attachment 617983
Yes I had the same issue with mine, and one leg is stuck and can't bend at the knee (probably paint stuck the joints together). I contacted Mondo and they have a replacement body on order for me. It'll probably be a month or two until the replacements are manufactured and mailed out. They gave me a gift card code for the wait.

Back