Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am on the fence.

I very much try to collect movie stuff....figures and trying to focus my collection. He Man might break my rules. Such a short time to decide. I forgot about it, till I came here today. It's something I don't need, but would be nice as I am quitting anything below 1/6 scale to focus on said scale or bigger.

Man, I'm torn. This is probably the best He-Man figure we'll get in 1/6 (as long as Mondo is the only one making them), but these were overpriced even when they were under $200. Now at $260, we're looking at Hot Toys prices -- and a Hot Toys figure, this certainly is not. Reminds me more of the 12" Marvel Legends figures from a few years back.

I suppose FOMO will drive aftermarket value as well, so there may be no long-term risk in reserving one, but... ugh, this really shouldn't be the thought process.

Last edited:
Super7 released many filmation MOTU figures.

4iZ9Ds.jpg
Thanks for the tip - unfortunately at their current value, I'm better off with the limited edition Mondo 1/6 He-Man.

I ordered him. It's nice they have a payment plan and free shipping, even if they do add taxes :p

Hope the torso doesn't fall off the butt like Hordak does. At any rate, my son will love him and he doesn't have any leather parts he can break, so win win for me.

I ordered one. Now I need to sell my exclusive original He-Man from them.
Or you can keep the original and add the extra armor to it. I plan on using the battle armor on my original he-man. And I will use one of rhe new heads if the skin tones match.

Or you can keep the original and add the extra armor to it. I plan on using the battle armor on my original he-man. And I will use one of rhe new heads if the skin tones match.
I never liked the original head sculpt, hence why I never even opened it. Happy to sell it if I am able.

Man, I'm torn. This is probably the best He-Man figure we'll get in 1/6 (as long as Mondo is the only one making them), but these were overpriced even when they were under $200. Now at $260, we're looking at Hot Toys prices -- and a Hot Toys figure, this certainly is not. Reminds me more of the 12" Marvel Legends figures from a few years back.

I suppose FOMO will drive aftermarket value as well, so there may be no long-term risk in reserving one, but... ugh, this really shouldn't be the thought process.
They have skyrocketed in price. Personally for me, they only come out with 1 MotU figure per year that I want (if that often) so it goes down smoother in the bank account.

Passed. Think I'll continue to stay away from this line. This was the first MOTU design I genuinely liked from them, but the price creates a huge disconnect. Doesn't read at all like a high-end piece, so I can't justify it.

This 12" Thor figure came out five-ish years ago. A 100% fresh sculpt with solid texturing details, decent amount of paint on the wraps and trims, all for $50 MSRP.

900af38a-f5d7-4a83-b299-6c0e29e47138.jpg

Even after factoring inflation, Mondo being a smaller company, and their He-Man including more accessories, I'm not seeing the value in this line and never have. If their figures cost $120, they'd be onto something.

I'll fill out my MOTU shelf with Tweeterhead's stuff. Not an apples to apples comparison, but at least they look more like what they cost.

Last edited:
Without a doubt these figures are overprices and glorified Marvel Legends. Would never justify a whole line but OK with owning a few.

I know it's probably a long shot but if anyone ordered an extra and wants to help out someone that was out of the country on a cruise with no internet last week it would be greatly appreciated.

$260 for that? Must be having a laugh. People complain about HT prices :lol
Yeah, they are definitely taking advantage of collectors with the price and the time exclusive. But with that I did bend over for this one. Huge fan of MOTU growing up and figured if there was ever a piece to represent that in my 1:6 it'll be this and Battle Cat. Still hoping they release their Batman TAS Joker as well.

Yeah, I didn’t even comment on the price but $260 is ridiculous. For what they are Mondo figures have never seemed worth the price.

I thought about some of their figures from Batman: The Animated Series too, but really why? Pay a premium price for a 12” mostly plastic figure. If they were true sixth scale collectibles with more of a mix of materials it would be a different story.

Prices seem to be increasing across the board- every company. Due to shipping and production costs in China. My guess is that the smaller the company, the higher the prices just due volume.

At any rate, I just want the Heman, Battle Cat- and Shera, if she ever makes it.

Mondo's prices on these are a joke.

You just need to compare them to Neca's 1/4 scale action figures.

They're a larger scale, in some cases come with just as many accessories, just as or more detailed, and less than 1/2 the price.

Neca isn't a big company either.

I'm not convinced. Don't get me wrong, I like Neca, I have their Gargoyles- have looked at their TMNT - but I don't think you get "just as many accessories, just as or more detailed". The level of detail doesn't look even close to comparable to me.

But lets take Neca Batman. He is $124. You get a nice figure and a couple of weapons and an extra set of hands. The 1/6 regular Mondo Heman that was $160- is maybe a better comparison. That one came with three heads and sword/scabbard/shield, an extra head, some hands, weird bee thing, and some guns.

The deluxe heman IS a bit overpriced, but definitely comes with a ton more stuff. $100 worth? Probably not, but maybe $75. Plus he looks better than the last version. As do the accessories and his clothing. I'm glad they re-did him even if they are overcharging

Of course, I'm also not entirely happy with Mondo as a company- because as cool as Hordak looks, his top falls off his bottom- so will the deluxe heman have that issue? They are also not at ALL responsive to inquiries/complaints. Like, total ignore.

So I guess just get what you love. If you are angry at Mondo Heman's price, buy one of the various playline figures that have been released lately. There are so many right now.

mondo heman deluxe.jpg

Here's Neca Batman

neca bat.jpg

Plus, why can't they just get the sodding cartoon He Man correct? The She Ra looks like it's going to be some kind of modern take on her too.

I'm much happier with my cartoon accurate She Ra Statue and will wait for a decent He Man to finally come out.

And those NECA 1/4 Batman and The Cat were amazing.

Last edited:
Back