Premium Format Moff Gideon Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tons of pieces...Ahsoka, EP3 Kenobi (if we don't get him during the Kenobi series I'll lose hope), Thrawn, Lando, Tie Pilot, Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn.

All easy and good sellers. To be fair I think we'll be getting the Ahsoka mythos reveal this month, she's long been rumored.

Instead we get Moff Gideon, don't get me wrong I like the character, but he shouldn't be coming before any of those.

Yup I miss when Premium Format pretty much always meant real mixed media with the character?s clothing recreated in 1/4 with fabric. To mean it makes them look so much more real.

I like Ahsoka don?t get me wrong, but I think an EP3 Obiwan to go with their Anakin is more of a crime. They have done a good amount of Alec Guinness pieces at many scales but we sorta got Ewan with the first Mythos statue and again with the newest version but I?m sure at this point we?ll never get an EP3 Obiwan PF.

Yeah, they did Ewan in Mythos (twice once we get the Clone Wars version released) but the scale is off to go with their 1/4 Premium Formats. That always drove me nuts and is why I sold off all of my first Mythos statues (except Fett...I keep Fett at any scale :) ).

He went up for Mando Monday

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-moff-gideon-sideshow-collectibles-300788

$595

moff-gideon_star-wars_gallery_5fc6f6cbc992d.jpg
moff-gideon_star-wars_gallery_5fc6f6cd7bb7b.jpg

Too much for too little. The only thing impressive about this piece is the base for me.

Yeah this doesn't look remotely worth the price. Even if the likeness was dead-on, the outfit still has a very cheap and plastic look to it. And it's such a generic pose as well.

Yeah this doesn't look remotely worth the price. Even if the likeness was dead-on, the outfit still has a very cheap and plastic look to it. And it's such a generic pose as well.

Unfortunately, the Sideshow PFs are going in the wrong direction value-wise. The lack of mixed media outfits (capes don't count) make producing the statue cheaper I would assume and the price continues to skyrocket. I don't know why they changed the media format on these, but it was a poor decision...

Unfortunately, the Sideshow PFs are going in the wrong direction value-wise. The lack of mixed media outfits (capes don't count) make producing the statue cheaper I would assume and the price continues to skyrocket. I don't know why they changed the media format on these, but it was a poor decision...

Agreed, I think their Royal Guard (though simple and overpriced) looks great, their last 2 recent ones with Cara and Gideon are honestly pretty terrible. Cara and Gideon are not worth the $600+ they'll come out to with taxes and shipping.

Mando I'm still undecided on.

Agreed, I think their Royal Guard (though simple and overpriced) looks great, their last 2 recent ones with Cara and Gideon are honestly pretty terrible. Cara and Gideon are not worth the $600+ they'll come out to with taxes and shipping.

Mando I'm still undecided on.

Agree and I really wanted Cara. I'm going with the HT 1/4 scale Mando and might eventually get Cara if I continue to like her arc on the show AND there's some discounts after she's released...

I'm the odd one out here, I'm a fan of this piece, love the base and the price is not too bad. I'll be grabbing this for sure.

I prefer a fully sculpted piece so I'm not going to to decry the loss of mixed media - I get it for those who like it.

They lost me on this portrait and pose. It looks like a very low effort entry.
I like the base but the pose is kinda awkward and the portrait just looks unwell.

No update on the product page but Moff Gideon will have a light up Darksaber.

Confirmed it on one of the live shows today.

I think it looks great except for that iffy portrait. Perhaps his armor should be just a bit more glossy. But the base and Darksaber are awesome and it looks terrific from the neck down.

I think it looks great except for that iffy portrait. Perhaps his armor should be just a bit more glossy. But the base and Darksaber are awesome and it looks terrific from the neck down.
Agreed. I'm not that interested in the character, and the sculpt is weak, but everything else looks pretty good. All of their premium formats should have light up sabers. I won't be getting this but congrats to those who are.

I think I'm going to go ahead and order this. I really like Esposito as Moff Gideon and as the main villain of the first two seasons of The Mandalorian I want him in my collection. It doesn't hurt either that the ES is only 750, that is extremely low for Star Wars. This will probably be the only collectible of him larger than 1/6 scale.

I think this will be one of those sleeper pieces, once in hand reviews come out and with the Darksaber now lighting up, this will sell out. especially with the low ES. Glad I ordered, look forward to getting him. The whole Mandalorian line is shaping up nicely. Hope they also do some nice Premium Format with the Obi Wan series.

I am pretty sure this will be a chase statue in the years to come. All the other statues from The Mandalorian line are going to have huge ES into the thousands. This one is only 750, he is the main villain of the first two seasons, popular actor, and it will probably be the only statue of this character in existence. :panic:

Back