Premium Format Moff Gideon Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkno

Stormtrooper
Reaction score
https://www.sideshow.com/whats-new/moff-gideon-premium-format-figure

1125x682_previewbanner_300788_MoffGa_1000V2.jpg

Ugh face is so bad but I love everything else about it

Wow I actually think that's freaking awesome. Too bad a great design/pose was wasted on a character that I'm still iffy about, lol.

It figures that the Mandalorian himself gets the Zoolander treatment but then they go all out on Al Sharpton in a cape. :cuckoo:

I actually think the sculpt is decent. I am however once again reminded that Sideshow abandoned my beloved mixed media premium formats for 1/4 scale statues. I'm thinking about canceling my Mando Premium Format because it lacks mixed media, which was their signature for many years.

Jeez! Whichever sculptor they put on these Mando pieces really lacks detail in their work. These could be amazing, but, unfortunately, all of the PFs in this line look like first pass samples to get critiques from your team/licensor, not final protos. Every surface is so smooth with no texture details anywhere.

Last edited:
Jeez! Whichever sculptor they put on these Mando pieces really lacks detail in their work. These could be amazing, but, unfortunately, all of the PFs in this line look like first pass samples to get critiques from your team/licensor, not final protos. Every surface is so smooth with no texture details anywhere.

It's same as complaining that stormtroopers are too smooth.
It's just the nature of his outfit in the series.

WOW not expecting this from SS, super excited about this one. Head sculpting is not too bad, let's wait for final product. Who will be next?

Good choice for a base.
That's really the only way to go if you're going to have him holding the Darksaber.

It's same as complaining that stormtroopers are too smooth.
It's just the nature of his outfit in the series.

I disagree. Stormtrooper armor is supposed to be pretty smooth. Not sure why anyone would complain. And to be clear, my complaints aren't about Moff Gideon's armor elements, it's the fabric, and eventually the headsculpt. Fabric has texture...even smooth fabric still has some texture to it. And it's not just this piece. The Mando PF is way too smooth in the fabric elements as well. You can easily compare the HT QS figure to the PF and the HT easily looks more real than the SS piece. And I'm by no means a HT fanboy, the majority of my collection is made up of SS pieces, mostly Premium formats at that. That's why these pieces are so disappointing. They're capable of doing very real looking textures in their fully sculpted pieces and yet these are way too smooth in the fabrics and the hair sculpt of Cara Dune lacks any of the finer detail hair sculpts should have.

Last edited:
I disagree. Stormtrooper armor is supposed to be pretty smooth. Not sure why anyone would complain. And to be clear, my complaints aren't about Moff Gideon's armor elements, it's the fabric, and eventually the headsculpt. Fabric has texture...even smooth fabric still has some texture to it. And it's not just this piece. The Mando PF is way too smooth in the fabric elements as well. You can easily compare the HT QS figure to the PF and the HT easily looks more real than the SS piece. And I'm by no means a HT fanboy, the majority of my collection is made up of SS pieces, mostly Premium formats at that. That's why these pieces are so disappointing. They're capable of doing very real looking textures in their fully sculpted pieces and yet these are way too smooth in the fabrics and the hair sculpt of Cara Dune lacks any of the finer detail hair sculpts should have.

As a huge fan of Sideshow and their PF line, I completely agree with this. I recently canceled my Mandalorian PF as I didn't realize that it had no mixed media. I knew the cape was sculpted due to the child floating, but thought the undersuit would be fabric like their line traditionally has been. The lack of fabric is keeping me from ordering Cara and this as well...

I?m trying to stay away from the premium formats now because space is an issue with my collection.

I?m trying to stay away from the premium formats now because space is an issue with my collection.

Yep, those 1/4 scales take up a lot of real estate. I love the Premium Formats, but as I've said above, not having mixed media is disappointing as Sideshow was the one company that seemed to do that at this scale...aside from the few 1/4 scale offerings from Hot Toys.

As a huge fan of Sideshow and their PF line, I completely agree with this. I recently canceled my Mandalorian PF as I didn't realize that it had no mixed media. I knew the cape was sculpted due to the child floating, but thought the undersuit would be fabric like their line traditionally has been. The lack of fabric is keeping me from ordering Cara and this as well...
Yup I miss when Premium Format pretty much always meant real mixed media with the character’s clothing recreated in 1/4 with fabric. To mean it makes them look so much more real.
How have we still not gotten an ahsoka pf!!!!!!!!!!
I like Ahsoka don’t get me wrong, but I think an EP3 Obiwan to go with their Anakin is more of a crime. They have done a good amount of Alec Guinness pieces at many scales but we sorta got Ewan with the first Mythos statue and again with the newest version but I’m sure at this point we’ll never get an EP3 Obiwan PF.

Back