Mighty Thor 1/4 scale statue by XM Studios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does XM know something I don't? Did I miss a Thor where Jane's non masked face has been revealed? I haven't seen an enraged Thor yet either as Jane. I preferred the first sculpt it looks like the comic work.

Does XM know something I don't? Did I miss a Thor where Jane's non masked face has been revealed? I haven't seen an enraged Thor yet either as Jane. I preferred the first sculpt it looks like the comic work.

Pretty sure you're spot on. The only unmasked portrait I've seen is when she is not Thor and bald.

I loved the original closed mouth look. I hope that is still included. That scream is a no for me. Face even looks a bit manly. Unmasked is ok, but needs a lot more detail as usual for their female faces. The rest is awesome as always.

The helmet is too big on her. The handle should be a little shorter. And the ice/rock behind her left foot is weird. If she is running as it look like she is, it should be below her feet and not facing vertically like she is leaning on a wall(ice/rock). This is more suitable for a character like Spiderman, where he can be on a wall and leap/lunge forward.
Decided to have a peek at this even though I don't care about the character. Sculpt looks great, one of the best XM has done, they seem to have sculpted the eyes round, something they've lacked on previous sculpts.

They one fault I find is actually her right leg. Her knee looks to be rotated inward, towards her body. In that pose it should be at least down ward towards the ground if not rotated outward.

They one fault I find is actually her right leg. Her knee looks to be rotated inward, towards her body. In that pose it should be at least down ward towards the ground if not rotated outward.

It's funny. That's one of the things I like most about it. It's also why I don't mind the left foot placement either. It really gives the sense that she is struggling to scale the head.

It's funny. That's one of the things I like most about it. It's also why I don't mind the left foot placement either. It really gives the sense that she is struggling to scale the head.
I don't mind the left foot, but the right leg seems awkward. Especially eince the rest of the sculpt is fairly powerful and that leg just seems out of place with the rest of her body language.

Decided to have a peek at this even though I don't care about the character. Sculpt looks great, one of the best XM has done, they seem to have sculpted the eyes round, something they've lacked on previous sculpts.

You are right. Her upper body is turned right but her right knee is turned left. This is ok if she is standing still and striking a balancing stance but not for a running pose. The details on this is awesome.

I don't see her as running. I see her as lunging while getting her feet under her. Imagination is fun that way. I hope they don't change it, because it would be more generic to me if they had her posed perfectly and all.

Definitely not a running pose. She can fly and she's just slain a frost giant (or whatever it is). She reached his head flying, hammered it down and then planted her feet on the rocks to fly propelling ahead. The left knee is correct since it follows the twist of the torso. Not sure about the right foot (and how it doesn't look fine to someone else), since it's not visible from these pics.
Only real fixes needed are the proportions of the hammer and the helmet that should adhere more to her head.

"Xm 1/4scale Thor (Jane Foster) done printing.....thanks to ownage crews "

XM Studios Facebook

13124811_1678294439057915_1344875213783706177_n.jpg

13173724_1678294475724578_4633599207579885201_n.jpg

Damn! :clap
Switch out portrait without the helmet and it looks like arms where she's holding the hammer up higher with her right hand or out in front with her left. :rock

Love the sculpt on this! Looks great!

Also love how I can pretend half of the frost giant's head is submerged in snow ...and the table top is the snow bank. Way cool!

Couldn't care less for the character but the sculpt and details are mindblowing! :rock

One of the few XM Character's I don't feel I HAVE to have!
But Wow so much detail in that costume! Really Stunning Piece!

Back