Mezco One:12 Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did they get the paint so wrong? I know the quality of NECA's paintapps can be lacking but at least they're in the ballpark in terms of accuracy. How did Mezco completely miss all the dark coloration?

I think NECA beats this in every department that matters.
I don't disagree that the NECA paint is better. For me though, I need the Predator to fit in with my 1/12 Robocop, and incoming Alien (Mezco) and Terminator Endoskeleton (Mafex when it eventually gets solicited), so I'm willing to accept some of the shortcomings. Unfortunately, NECA is too big, and the quality of their plastic is highly variable - at least with Mezco I know it isn't going break when I pose it.

I tried to cancel this as it went in my pile of loot at BBTS but I don’t have a cancel order button anywhere. I guess that’s what I get for not canceling it sooner 🤣

Send them an email.

I might see if they'll take mine back unopened in exchange for store credit. I'll still lose money on it what with the shipping both ways plus customs fees but ehhh.

Send them an email.

I might see if they'll take mine back unopened in exchange for store credit. I'll still lose money on it what with the shipping both ways plus customs fees but ehhh.
Too bad it came to this. In an ideal world we'd have tons of options for awesome Jungle Hunter figures but I can't think of one that captures the character perfectly.

Not mine but from Instagram
1000000514.jpg
1000000515.jpg
1000000520.jpg
1000000516.jpg

I tried to cancel this as it went in my pile of loot at BBTS but I don’t have a cancel order button anywhere. I guess that’s what I get for not canceling it sooner 🤣
You have to click on 'Edit items' in the POL section. If it's in your POL you can still definitely cancel it.

Send them an email.

Can you send it my way since you don't want it? :monkey3

:lol

I'm pleased with how the figure looks! I think it's a solid representation from the film. I'm happy to add this one to the collection since I've grown to be interested in Predator. Of course would want to get my hands on a HT Pred, but they're a pretty penny on the aftermarket (Ideally, it'd be awesome if HT unveils new, revamped versions from P1 & 2, but alas..)

I'm pleased with how the figure looks! I think it's a solid representation from the film. I'm happy to add this one to the collection since I've grown to be interested in Predator. Of course would want to get my hands on a HT Pred, but they're a pretty penny on the aftermarket (Ideally, it'd be awesome if HT unveils new, revamped versions from P1 & 2, but alas..)
I'd love it if Hot Toys released new versions of the Predator and Dutch. As that isn't likely anytime soon, I'll have to make do with the Mezco which I think looks pretty good.

I'd love it if Hot Toys released new versions of the Predator and Dutch.

Absolutely! Given how much they've improved their figures, I bet they'd be great! And just imagine if they made a 1/4 Pred :thud:

Biggest want from me though from the Predator series is a Feral Pred and Naru 🥰 from Prey! 😃

As that isn't likely anytime soon,

Big bummer! :acme:medic

I'll have to make do with the Mezco which I think looks pretty good.

Agreed!!!

After all this waiting, this doesn't really scream $100 figure to me. My order with Mezco is stuck in "processing" and I'm unable to cancel. I contacted them with a request to cancel, lets see what they say.

Oddly enough, I'm finding the Mezco pred's body better proportioned than the NECA one (I always had the feeling the legs were too large on it). But the head looks definitely to be too large.

Thanks for sharing!
Yeah I agree. The torso on the Mezco looks to be a little short but the bulk of it looks right I think.

I cannot believe this is missing a whole layer of paint. The arm and maskless head look very weird without it. And the painted "quills" in the forehead look bad.

I ended up cancelling the 2 I po'd at BBTS. I really wanted this, but this level of bad quality control is just too much.

Back