Mezco One:12 Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oddly enough, I'm finding the Mezco pred's body better proportioned than the NECA one (I always had the feeling the legs were too large on it). But the head looks definitely to be too large.

Thanks for sharing!
I think we determined (well, P. determined) that the torso on the NECA one could be bigger overall (along with probably the waist) to make it more proportional to the large thighs while also making that figure taller.

The torso on this MEZCO definitely looks short to me - prototype was the same.

Well, I just said screw it and decided to have it ship out from BBTS. Even if it’s mediocre my love for Predator outweighs my love for that $90 it cost. Plus now I want my Mezco Batman to have something else to fight besides his villains.
Plus I am going to have fun taking pictures of this in my tree in my backyard, maybe I can get some wire and string up Batman and his villains as if he is about to skin them 🤣

More from Instagram
1000000548.jpg
1000000547.jpg

Well, I just said screw it and decided to have it ship out from BBTS. Even if it’s mediocre my love for Predator outweighs my love for that $90 it cost. Plus now I want my Mezco Batman to have something else to fight besides his villains.
Plus I am going to have fun taking pictures of this in my tree in my backyard, maybe I can get some wire and string up Batman and his villains as if he is about to skin them 🤣
That's the spirit!

The missing black paint on the body is hurting this one badly. Such a shame :(

For me, having them side by side, I would choose Mezco even with the slightly enlarged head and missing paint. Looks more like a guy in a suit than NECA. As great as NECA stuff is, it always seems cheap looking to me. The mixed media of Mezco is why I wanted it in the first place. And in that area it delivers really well. The crazy part is the dark paint areas look to actually be there but it's just not saturated. They seem to have painted it but it's too light or transparent.

I'm not that bothered by the biomask or proportions being off. The lack of dark paint on the face, chest, legs, and right arm is glaring. The Neca even has a dark wash on the bone trophies, seriously Mezco couldn't even be bothered to do that?

When someone customizes and paints this, I imagine it's gonna look great. I'm keeping my order at BBTS, I'll see it in hand and see how I feel about it.

Last edited:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion..but for me ..in hand ..I think it’s a solid figure and I love what Mezco did with the design. I like the real mesh netting they used on him. It’s grafted on the figure with just enough slack that you can still pose him without damaging, I was afraid to put him in the splits because I thought initially it would break the netting, but there is a lot of slack that is stretchable in the netting , especially where his crotch is that you can do the splits on him without snapping the netting. The detailing is top notch IMO..the scale could be bigger …but comparing him with a NECA JH there isn’t that much more of a height change ..at least from what I can see anyway. Yes they could’ve put more dark shading in the legs , but it’s not that glaring in hand IMO as some say it is. I wish he had double jointed arms…but again, it’s not a dealbreaker for me overall considering how nice the proportions came out. I love the method of how the castor laser armor fits on his shoulder..I still get annoyed how NECA just has those nubs to connect where it comes off going..not this version…the castor snaps on perfectly by having it clipped on the inner side.

I’m glad I didn’t cancel my order or listened to how the complainers said Mezco messed it up..it’s not perfect, but in a lot of ways I like the engineering and thought process they did on him as opposed to what I see NECA doing. I still like the NECA, but I think NECA needs to start using a new mode for the body of their releases of the JH they keep redoing.

for those who cancelled their orders before giving it a chance ..that’s fine, but for those who are still on the fence ..don’t cancel, I think once you take him out of the box you will be impressed in alot of ways overall. When it comes to Predator…I think Mezco is starting in the right direction

More pics coming…

Mine shipped out on the 23rd from bbts and still hasn't moved. I contacted them and they said it's because of the holidays on dhl's side that they are behind. Anyone else dealing with this?

Mine shipped out on the 23rd from bbts and still hasn't moved. I contacted them and they said it's because of the holidays on dhl's side that they are behind. Anyone else dealing with this?
I'd contact DHL directly as BBTS can really only speculate. A week of no movement is not the norm for DHL, and perhaps contacting them will kickstart its journey!

Back