Action Figure Mezco One:12 Jason Voorhees

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I've seen a single Mezco figure that isn't like a special version or whatever, that has been sold out before release.

They usually stick around for a while in stock, some longer than others, there are also some others that haven't sold out at all.

I've seen that it's usually after initial release that people start getting hyped up via word of mouth and then they start to sell out.

Jason looks great, clothing needs weathering.

And for the love of Quetzalcoatl, get a better poser/photographer.

Recently, Deathstroke was sold out before release. Most are tending to sell out very shortly upon release though and climbing quickly on the secondary market. By the time BBTS gets their stock, there have been plenty of in hand pics so there really isn’t a reason to secure one now and wait. I’m betting these horror figures are made in more limited numbers than the comic figures.

Yeah it's definitely better to always PO, especially when places like BBTS don't ask for a NRD and you can cancel any time.

Nowadays if you miss out on a toy because you didn't PO, it's one own's fault.

Ordered. Love all the options and will look good with Michael Myers.

Yup. I have both PO'd. There's no way I wouldn't get this. I hope they do Leatherface and Freddie at some point. Super excited to have another Jason of this caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to PO this, but on the website they said in the spec that his height is approx.16cm!! that's as tall as Mezco Punisher and Knightmare Batman (sans the ears).. Jason definitely needs to be taller than the Punisher and Batman!

Mezco Jason review is up on YouTube. Glad it has double jointed elbows. Looking forward to getting it.

I want to PO this, but on the website they said in the spec that his height is approx.16cm!! that's as tall as Mezco Punisher and Knightmare Batman (sans the ears).. Jason definitely needs to be taller than the Punisher and Batman!

If we're technical, Richard Brooker the actor that played Jason in part III is 6'3 tall. Batman is usually depicted as 6'2 and Punisher is a bit over 6 feet. Batman in his costume would prob be well over that height. Kane Hodder who played him the most times is only 6'3 as well. Jason was really tall in Freddy vs. Jason though.

So, they're actually very similar.

If we're technical, Richard Brooker the actor that played Jason in part III is 6'3 tall. Batman is usually depicted as 6'2 and Punisher is a bit over 6 feet. Batman in his costume would prob be well over that height. Kane Hodder who played him the most times is only 6'3 as well. Jason was really tall in Freddy vs. Jason though.

So, they're actually very similar.

Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up! I guess I just want my Jason to be taller than Batman and Punisher then, because somehow, for me, if they're in the same height, it makes Jason look short. It's visually disturbing for me, LOL.

Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up! I guess I just want my Jason to be taller than Batman and Punisher then, because somehow, for me, if they're in the same height, it makes Jason look short. It's visually disturbing for me, LOL.

I also wish he was taller, so I totally understand and agree!

Got my notification from BBTS but cancelled and ordered it through Amazon. Same price and I will have him tomorrow.

Got my notification from BBTS but cancelled and ordered it through Amazon. Same price and I will have him tomorrow.

I thought it would be cheaper through bbts but you were right, $80 shipped and I’ll have it for the weekend. Thanks for the tip!

Here's my review of Mezco Jason Voorhees, in short I just love him a lot! :)

64-end1.jpg

Oh and a picture for scale with some Figuarts and Figma toys :)

68-grouppic.jpg

Mezco One 12 Jason by scarrviper, on Flickr

Mine arrived from Amazon today. I absolutely love it. Much better than Neca's ultimate imo (and for the price he better be).

The sculpt is spot on, both heads look great and are very well painted. Same goes for the body, very realistic skin texture and tones. The realism is so good for the scale.

While the hockey masks are not 100% part 3, they are pretty damn close. Nice crisp chevrons, rivets, and straps. The damaged mask with the axe cut actually has additional scratches sculpted into the surface that the clean mask does not. The masks fit just right, and I had no problem fitting the axe into his head.

The accessories are all excellent. They feel solid and are all very cleanly painted with no obvious slop. The only headscratcher for me is the hunting knife. It's well done, but I don't recall seeing it part 3. It doesn't look anything like the only knife that I remember him using. I think the weapons overall are a huge improvement compared to the knives that came with Mezco's Michael Myers. The stand is great, the poster art looks fantastic on it.

The selection of hands is also good. It's refreshing to finally have a Jason figure with some alternate hand options. Neca's ultimate Jasons are lacking in that department. The hands all swap pretty easily and stay attached just fine. Same can be said for the heads. No hassle at all in swapping them. The grip hands hold all of the accessories just fine and the trigger finger hand for the spear gun is appreciated.

The outfit is solid. His boots are really nice, they have just the right amount of dirt weathering. The pants look spot on to me, and the shirt is amazing for being mass produced like this. It fits just right to how it looked in the movie, although the sleeves can get in the way of posing his arms if you are not careful. The pants on mine also seem to hinder the hip articulation a bit, but I don't see myself posing him sitting or kicking very high anyway. The legs can do it, but it was straining the pants at the back of the waist and straining the back of his belt. Speaking of which, I really like how they did the belt. His white undershirt is a nice touch, I can't tell for sure, but it seems to be glued or attached somehow to his torso.

The articulation is excellent overall. Like I said, there were a few spots that are tricky, but everything else works smoothly. I love the double elbows.

The only issue I really have is that one of his chest pockets on his shirt is peeling off a little at the top. I want to nip that in the bud tomorrow, any suggestions for a glue to use? I have some archival quality PVA I might try. I wish Mezco would just stitch the pockets on instead of gluing them down.

I can't wait to shoot him outdoors, though it probably won't be until spring. I think Mezco nailed this one. I'm now looking forward to Freddy, and I really want a Leatherface in this line.

Just got this. This is the best Jason Voorhees figure at that scale ever made. And I’ve been collecting Jason figures since Mcfarlane first movie maniacs line. Clothing, sculpt, paint, accesories. Everything is perfect. You can see Mezco put a lot of love and effort on those. 9.5/10 Only nitpick would be the size. He should be taller than other one:12

I was able to glue down the peeling pocket, the PVA did the trick.

Now that I've really had a chance to pose him some more, I have to say he's now my favorite Jason figure. I have to agree he might be the best licensed Jason figure to date. I'll have to try and shoot some photos as soon as I can. I think a small barn diorama might have to go on my projects list for the future.

The likeness, the articulation, the realism, the quality are just so good. Mezco did an excellent job, they clearly put some passion into this one. Now I want more. I would like to see them tackle a few more Jasons eventually.

I have to agree with you guys on the figure. He's outstanding. Much better then the Myers offering IMO. Here's my review on him if anyone wants to check it out-

Back