Mezco One:12 G.I. Joe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks good, but I really don't like the change in the Collar. The prototype looks better to me. Maybe it will grown on me in hand.

Anyone else receive their Destro? Everything looks great, but I have a piece missing from his weapons case. Awaiting a response from Mezco about that. Otherwise...finally an arrival 2 years later.

Firefly up for preorder!

25ac3d49-7833-47d2-b24a-3c516b9a73dc.jpg
Firefly 8.jpg
Firefly 4.jpg
Firefly 5.jpg
Firefly 6.jpg
Fierfly 3.jpg
Firefly 7.jpg

I may have to get back into this line. I said in the beginning that if Mezco did Joes that I would be all in. Then I flaked and cancelled my Destro and Roadblock orders. Now.....damn it.....I think I am gonna have to honor my vow and get back in the game. Problem is that Roadblock is sold out everywhere.

Last edited:
I may have to get back into this line. I said in the beginning that if Mezco did Joes that I would be all in. Then I flaked and cancelled my Destro and Roadblock orders. Now.....damn it.....I think I am gonna have to honor my vow and get back in the game. Problem is that Roadblock is sold out everywhere.
That's the problem I have with Mezco. It's sometimes better to hold onto your pre-order and then decide after you have it. I regret not keeping my pre-order for the original Conan, thinking it was going to be available later.

My first Mezco because its my favorite GIJOE character. I love it, but I don't love the price tag or the amount of time it took to get it (Nearly 2 and a half years after pre-ordering it). Going forward, if I were to get any more, they would have to be as excellent as Destro is as well as one of my all time favorites: Duke, Beachhead, Cobra Commander, Zartan and a Commando Snake Eyes.

Attachments

• IMG_1709.jpg
    IMG_1709.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1713.jpg
    IMG_1713.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 0
Fits right into Classified!
I think If I'm going to buy a Mezco Joe, it'll have to be Flint, Lady Jaye or Beachhead

I'm hoping for SDCC reveal of Zartan with Swamp Skier and a Torch, Ripper, Buzzer dreadknocks 3 pack

Which kind of surprises me Hasbro would let them make the figures. I guess they didn’t feel they’d compete enough with Classified to worry about it.
It's the whole mixed media and higher price point thing that gave us Sideshow Joes. There's also those GI Joe model kit figures from Flame Toys, more true 1:12 scale (ie: small) but a different type of product and much higher price point. I also think Hasbro, as a huge corporation, has many parts that don't communicate with one another.

I placed my pre-order on Firefly but I don't expect it to be released anytime soon. It took MEZCO forever to release the Original Conan. I even forgot I had it on pre-order. I feel many of these companies advertise some very ambitious release dates but miss their mark by a good 6+ months. Do you think it is done on purpose?

Last edited:
At this point, Mezco is just thieving money. 6 Joes for pre-order and only one released in 2+ years. Duke really looks nothing like Duke. Waiting for these, I'll be dead by the time they get to release a Zartan

At this point, Mezco is just thieving money. 6 Joes for pre-order and only one released in 2+ years. Duke really looks nothing like Duke. Waiting for these, I'll be dead by the time they get to release a Zartan
If this line wasn't so slow, I might consider but after the 89 Batman crap, I'll consider when they are actually for sale.

Yeah, not really feeling Duke at all. Feels unfinished. With them botching Duke I may just pass on all the Joes and stick with Cobra. But if they botch Cobra Commander too, I might bail entirely on the line.

If this line wasn't so slow, I might consider but after the 89 Batman crap, I'll consider when they are actually for sale.
Still waiting for Roadblock after 2 plus years now. Makes no sense to run a line like this. how do they stay in business? They have no problem taking your money up front either.

Still waiting for Roadblock after 2 plus years now. Makes no sense to run a line like this. how do they stay in business? They have no problem taking your money up front either.
And why do they waste time on these weird solicits from franchises(?) nobody is even familiar with?

Duke looks too WWII-ish to me. And where are his airborne wings?

Also based on listed scale, I'm only keeping this to bigger characters like Destro & Roadblock in order to properly fit in with the Classified series.

Back