Mezco One 12: Conan the Barbarian (Frank Franzetta)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Death dealer still doesn’t have that typical “Mezco exclusive” logo on it like all the other ex have had so maybe the print and pin are the only exclusive things about this and there is a regular version coming (I’m just hoping that’s the case so I don’t have to spend $180+)

I'd be shocked if it was. I think they'll leave this open until at least Sunday, so I'd give an order if you really, really want it.

I going to go ahead and PO it. The dead enemy parts and figure look awesome. I'll be happy to display him with Conan.

I guess reward points are basically useless now. I only order exclusives from the Mezco site.

Factoring in tax and shipping, this Death Dealer figure costs almost twice for what I paid for Conan at Amok Time. Only a $1.35 difference.

Even as a lifelong Frazetta fan, it's difficult for me to justify shelling out $178.65 for a 1/12 figure.

I guess reward points are basically useless now. I only order exclusives from the Mezco site.

Factoring in tax and shipping, this Death Dealer figure costs almost twice for what I paid for Conan at Amok Time. Only a $1.35 difference.

Even as a lifelong Frazetta fan, it's difficult for me to justify shelling out $178.65 for a 1/12 figure.

Yeah I built up a lot of rewards points before ever ordering a normal release from them. Just wait around until a normal one comes along and blow them all on that.

Well I ordered death dealer I couldn’t resist...a buddy and I were talking and the frazetta family charges a lot for licensed stuff and death dealer is a huge part of frazettas legacy...every licensed frazetta product costs a premium maybe it was the license cost and maybe a stipulation that a print must be included or something that caused this to be an ex and so pricey

I have to think about it. I wasn't expecting it to be a Mezco exclusive, but $150 is absurd. However, the after market value might justify the price later on, even though I wouldn't sell it, but at least knowing that the value has gone up might soften the $150 blow. :lol

I have to think about it. I wasn't expecting it to be a Mezco exclusive, but $150 is absurd. However, the after market value might justify the price later on, even though I wouldn't sell it, but at least knowing that the value has gone up might soften the $150 blow. :lol
My way of looking at it is. If you are willing to pay $150 for a Mezco exclusive like Gold Gomez or any of them that have released. Lol then why not do it for this. Yes he doesn't come with much in the vain of bonus items besides the figure. But like you said it could be a very good figure that will go well next to Conan and once that goes up you'll be kicking yourself for not getting it. Their are people who can't get Conan at retail now cause they waited or decided to pass on him.

My way of looking at it is. If you are willing to pay $150 for a Mezco exclusive like Gold Gomez or any of them that have released. Lol then why not do it for this. Yes he doesn't come with much in the vain of bonus items besides the figure. But like you said it could be a very good figure that will go well next to Conan and once that goes up you'll be kicking yourself for not getting it. Their are people who can't get Conan at retail now cause they waited or decided to pass on him.

Yeah. The second more elaborate head sculpt/helmet was a surprise for me as well as the decapitated heads and blood effects. The glowing eyes will make this figure stand out, especially in a dark setting or room. It's like I'm talking myself into buying it. :lol

Yeah. The second more elaborate head sculpt/helmet was a surprise for me as well as the decapitated heads and blood effects. The glowing eye surely is going to make this figure really stand out especially in a dark setting or room. It's like I'm talking myself into buying it. :lol
And don't forget you can use the blood effects for Conan also maybe even the severed head. I can see putting Conan and Death Dealer side by side fighting other fantasy figures for photo shoots. That would be awesome maybe even put them fighting one another or even Mezco King Kong with cloth red cape as a Thak custom fighting both of them. Lol

And don't forget you can use the blood effects for Conan also maybe even the severed head. I can see putting Conan and Death Dealer side by side fighting other fantasy figures for photo shoots. That would be awesome maybe even put them fighting one another or even Mezco King Kong with cloth red cape as a Thak custom fighting both of them. Lol

If I get him, they'll be fighting each other. There' room for only one Barbarian on the shelf, so they'll have to fight for it. :D

The one thing I don't get about the figure is the shoulder plates. He's got two different sets or armored shoulder plates, but one is not removable according to the description, so how does the prototype have two different styles?

If I get him, they'll be fighting each other. There' room for only one Barbarian on the shelf, so they'll have to fight for it. :D

The one thing I don't get about the figure is the shoulder plates. He's got two different sets or armored shoulder plates, but one is not removable according to the description, so how does the prototype have two different styles?
I believe it's just added on to the shoulder pads that are already on there. Kind of like added armour which to me it would have made more sense to make the work like the pads on wolverine and remove them easily.

Justified or not, I just ordered it.

Now there's only the year long wait. :tap

Does anyone plan on getting the Executive Replicas 1/12 Death Dealer?

Or maybe these 3.75" guys for $29.99 each?

dd07.jpg

dd01.jpg

dsc_0002_11_8.jpg

dsc_0005_11_25.jpg

The Death Dealer had the stand artwork swapped. It was originally the actual artwork, now it just says Death Dealer. I guess they didn't clear it with Frazetta's camp?

I PO’d him. Too cool to pass up with Conan on the horizon. Light up eyes, two helmets, decapitated head (is that a Pict??).... too good to pass. The nostalgia of the giant size Conan comic’s!

Back