Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VbFG8GC.jpg

I LOVE this Superman! I'm surprised by his articulation! I can pose him just as well as my Figuarts Dragon Ball toys. The head can rotate all around, the arms can be raised upward and sideward. The bicep swivel is smooth. Beautiful double elbow joints that can curl nicely! The left shoulder is a little tight, but after raising it sideways a few times, it got a bit looser so that's great. The upper body movement is great and you can twist him there and rotate him, perfect for charging up a super punch! The legs can surprisingly do nearly Van Damme style splits! I wasn't expecting that range, so I was happy with that, more range of motion, the better! Unfortunately, Superman can't kick backwards because of his molded buttcheeks. There's a tiny bit of range there, but not enough to be called a backward kick. There's also a thigh swivel that's very smooth! The knees are double jointed and the feet can be tilted and moved around very easily. Seriously, last week I asked someone "What kind of articulation does this Superman have?" and they answered "Mezco are not meant to have great articulation, you just make them stand and pose with little range." Well, they're wrong, this Superman's articulation is nearly as good as any Figuarts Dragon Ball articulation. The only thing I'm figuring out is if the waist of this Superman really won't twist or maybe mine is just super tight. I'll probably find out the more I play with him.

So far, I don't really have major issues with this Superman. The only thing that mildly catches my attention from time to time are the way the cape is tucked or showing at the collar. When I first took him out of the tin box, the left side cape that goes into the collar was so bunched up, it kinda looked like he had a tumor there. Thankfully, the fix was easy. I just used a toothpick to take out the bunched part of the cape, then I flattened/positioned it myself and used the toothpick to make it go under the collar in a nicer way. The right collar cape tip ends a bit shorter than the left one, so I don't know if I can make it go under the collar.

I also love the light-up eyes on that one head. It's fun seeing him with red raging eyes! If you turn out the lights, you'll definitely see the beautiful red glow! The expressions of the different headsculpts are also very well done. I love all of them! I love the smiling face, that's the Superman I grew up with

The hands are thankfully very easy to pop in and out. The wrist joints that connect to the hand are tight though, so you probably want to be careful. I gently wiggled it towards opposite directions to loosen them up a bit. Now they're not scary tight, they're "firm but smooth".

I like the cute little star and plant monsters. The bullet ricochet effects are magnetic and they will just fall into place on Superman's chest. The heat vision blasts fit perfectly on the funny, eyeless Superman head. The collection of kryptonites are very nice to look at. I do have a little problem with the green kryptonite's dome, it won't fully go down where it should for some reason, so although it is completely covering the green kryptonite, there's still a little gap between the dome and the ground.

As for the outfit itself, most of it looks beautiful to me. There are a few threads or whatever those things are hanging here and there. I'm not sure if I should snip them out or what. I found one near the arm area, it's like a stretchy material hanging out, so I just cut it with scissors. I'm not sure if I should cut the cape's thread at both the collar area.

All in all, I'm having a lot of fun with this Superman. I love Mafex Hush Superman, but I also love this Mezco Superman. Mafex Hush Superman has definitely the wider range of motion and posability, but Mezco Superman comes very close. The important thing is, I can make this Mezco Superman pose in all sorts of ways and the costume doesn't get in the way at all. I can make Superman perform a Kamehameha, a Shoryuken, whatever! He looks great, he's very posable, plus he comes with a lot of fun accessories.

In the end, I really love this Mezco Superman, even if his S symbol isn't as big as in the advertisement pictures. He still looks great and he is very fun to pose around!

I hate to speculate on the 89 Batman release maybe they didn’t get the orders that they thought they were going to get or if there’s an issue with the production figure and things need to be reworked I really hate speculating. It sucks being left in the dark like this though. It just makes it unacceptable. Because this is a pre-order from three years ago They have plenty of time to get that censored straight.

It’s be pretty funny if Mezco just took our money and ran for all the ‘89 Batman figures.

It would be the perfect end to miserable buying experience.
Lol i’m sure we’ll get the figure but as far as production compared to prototype, it’s going to go one way or the other and at this stage one extreme or the other good or bad. But if it turns out bad this will be my final mezco purchase.

Last edited:
Still no word from Mezco about getting my order cancelled.

Do they just have one customer service person who comes in once a week?

For me, the figure looks like to be wearing a kid's pajama top. I guess that's the downside of soft goods on a smaller scaled figure. Sometimes it works well and sometimes it looks like it's bedtime.

I actually got a email from my credit card company (cap one great fyi) since I have 2 on order when I was charged, and all this nonsense happened with mezco, my credit card company wondered if it was a duplicate charge so my ethics were challenged lol, and I’m like yes so I was refunded for one lol.

Still nothing. Still think they were scared of all the 89 announced and wanted to protect their orders and capitalize some possible new ones. Probably didn't have anything in hand and may still not.

Back