Action Figure Mezco One:12 Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cancelled my pre-order, the videos are swaying me a bit, but the thick legs/ankles bother me the most. Like that one review said, it does look like it's wearing sleeves and pants.
I do love the look of the face from certain angles. I'm just sticking with the Kotobukyia for now, I'm trying to slim down the collection and just keep the ones I like the best.

I have this one but didn't open it yet. Yeah the inner jaws color is wrong. and TBH it looks like the alien has bell bottoms or something on the bottom of his ankles. I still like the figure, but I can complain too right lol. ;)

Got this today and the rubber bodysuit is really loose around the wrists and ankles. It makes it look kinda goofy. I can definitely see the comparison to bellbottoms.

Other than that, it's nicely detailed with a decent paintjob for a figure its size. Great accessories too.

Got my invoice for this guy but after cancelling the Predator one, this version still hasn't sold me yet and I may just cancel too:dunno

Oh wow... that really is bad news.
That these types of seamless bodies can be a problem is well known, but this looks like a major manufacturing frak-up...

Got this figure today. Out of the box it is a really impressive figure to look at. A little strange to the touch, but it's quite solid and the a good representation of the big chap. The only issue is the articulation. Not sure if it's just mine (?) but the legs feel quite stiff and.. sticky to move. I feel like I'm going to tear the rubber - especially where the top of the legs join the torso. I kind of wish they had have kept the joints. You can get away with it a bit more with something like the alien because of its biomechanics structure. Will def get it into a pretty conservative pose I like and leave him. Strange to do a full seamless body for this release.

Sidenote: does anyone know of someone doing custom bases for this piece with the original A L I E N namestyle?

I've got mine, and it's a good figure. I've taken a few shots on my new fangled phone and will try and upload later.

OK I’m typing this on my phone, which I still haven’t figured out yet, so please bear with me.
The figure’s good bordering on great. The skin seems to be very tough silicone material and smells as though if you licked it you would drop stone dead! So keep your tongue in your mouth.
Articulation is superb due to the metal armature, lots of posing options.
The paint is minimal though just brown highlights.
The sculpt is good, though the dome is not quite there and the morphology is off, as it’s hard to get Badejo’s physique especially in this scale.
As we know the tongue is the wrong colour and the face hugger and chest burster are from Aliens. The egg is pretty cool though.
5B9642AC-54F2-4A50-A6B4-6138E23C4C92.jpeg
8F1CBA47-BF39-44B8-89EC-2FCC02D62A6B.jpeg
6F50B6A6-3A32-4C4B-9834-E2E565413E5F.jpeg
82FA2228-D634-4A45-ACAF-6B7018A0DC98.jpeg

Thanks for the review!
Yeah, I'm still debating on whether to get this...
It looks like a real fun toy, but the little inaccuracies (including, as you say, the overall morphology/shape) are really disappointing. Why oh why is it so hard to just nail a perfect figure of this?
There are of course certain things that can't be overcome, like unsightly joints and some limitations in articulation if you go the traditional route, like NECA and Mafex; or if you go with the seamless body, like this Mezco figure, you have to accept a certain "softness" in the details.
But... there really is no excuse to get the shape and size of the head right, of the details of the face, or the shape of the hands and the oxen jaws on the heels... or, for that matter, the shape of Badejo's body. There is so freaking much reference material out there, including figures and statues that get the whole thing perfectly (I'm thinking Mamegyorai's statues, or the Kotobukiya figure) that it's pretty much inexcusable to not get it right nowadays.

However, it does look like a fun toy!

Yeah it's a head scratcher on why companies can't get it right? OK you have the Giger head and the Rambaldi head, but the bodies are still the same. Badejo did have an unusual shape which is why it's important to nail it. It's all part of the aesthetic that makes the Alien so errr.... Alien.

For my money MAFEX is the best, even though they screwed up the dome on the Rambaldi head, and th a paint is minimal. If Medicom made a 1/6 based on that sculpt Whoa Momma!

Or we may get lucky and Inart will do one, in which case one of my kidneys is going bye, byes :)

Agreed, as far as action figures go, Mafex is the best in the accuracy department. It's got a bit of an overkill in the joints department, but it just looks effing fantastic.
I would love to get that sculpt in 1/6 scale, but they would probably have to re-engineer all the joints, as they would be pretty unsightly at a larger scale.

Is anybody in here good with photoshop or other design apps/programs? I actually wrote down a sort of presentation with all my ideas on how to actually make a perfect alien figure, but my design skills are woefully inadequate.

As yet I haven't bought this and I put the Predator back in its box. Not sure I need them really. If Mezco had gotten a high degree of accuracy they'd be surer purchase/keepers but they didn't.. And they don't scale well with the majority Alien and Predator in my collection which is NECA. The tiny Predator looked really odd one out with them.

I like the idea of high-end and mixed media in the smaller scales in principle - these aspects were done well on the Predator - but the sculpt, proportions and paint left a lot to be desired. I think ultimately I would feel similar dissatisfaction with the Alien.

Back