Action Figure Mezco One:12 Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typical. This one does look better than the prototype afterall. But I cancelled and lost the NRD. I don't think I'll reorder. Just too much came out all at once. Have to pay down my card again.

It really does look better than the prototype, and it looks like a really fun figure overall.
My main concerns, which were the teeth and the dome, look much better, and while the details are a bit soft and the pant apps a bit uninspired, I might try to get my hands on one.
The back tubes look a tad too long, and I think it could be a bit thinner overall, but hey, it's a really nice effort!

I got the alien last night and he's so awesome! My favorite alien out of all the big chaps I've ever had!

I've seen a few reviews on this now, and the articulation looks absolutely insane! The silicone skin looks to be incredibly durable as well.

Sigh. I think I've been re-sold on this.

To be honest I saw that coming. :ROFLMAO:

Al Pacino GIF

A couple more reviews...

After watching all these reviews, I've finally been able to pinpoint what bugs me so much about this figure.
I've always had the feeling that it looked too toy-like, and I think it's because of the skull detailing. Not the human skull, but the elongated part and the dark ovals. They are sculpted and painted with very harsh lines, which goes completely against the look of the creature. That's what keeps reminding me of the old Kenner alien. Add to it the soft details and very basic paint apps and you get a very toy-like figure.
The black inner mouth/tongue also bugs the hell out of me. How could they miss such a detail? Then again, they used the wrong font for the base, the wrong chest-burster and face-hugger (both from Aliens), and made the eggs way too small.
So, in a way, I think it's a very lazy effort on their part.
Also, there seems to be a lot of variation on how dark or light the dome is (and you have to watch out for two left feet...).

I was feeling the urge to get this, but for that amount of money on such a small figure, I have to say that I much prefer the Mafex one. I know a lot of people complain about it falling apart, and if you don't know how to pose it, it can look bad because of the weird articulation, but it is infinitely more accurate and detailed.

I'll still keep a look out for this, and will decide after seeing it in person.

Back