Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great so far from the screenshots shared.

8gsfMnd.jpg
Py1wPKU.jpg
SVPzSrx.jpg
m1G8jJj.jpg
cpws9bh.jpg

The environment looks great but that enemy soldier NPC might just have worse texturing and proportions than the original, which to be fair still seems like a difficulty for most modern devs to accomplish lmfao. Cautiously optimistic.

i guess only me wants a mg1&2 remake. still alot of story going on in those 2 episodes and characters.

Visuals look great and it's nice to finally see the franchise back on its feet, but I've got my concerns. Can an internal Konami dev team handle something of this scale after being relatively inactive for so long? Will the absence of Kojima's touch be damaging to the feel of the game? Is it going to just be a 1:1 remake in a world where Square and Capcom have proven that you can do so much more?
Konami sucks at remasters. Remake might be better since they have to start from scratch.

I really hope MGS4 makes it to volume 2, but with-it being port and a PS3 exclusive I won't give my hopes up. It's such a good game too. Also, I've always felt Kojima trolled us after MGS2. The fans wanted Snake, so Kojima gave us a Snake, but not Solid Snake. And when people told Kojima, no they wanted the Old Snake, we got Old Snake in MGS4. lol

I'm glad to see MGS being revived (after its death from survive :lol), but it'll be at least a year if not 2 or 3 before we get our hands on the game.
Hope I'm still invested in gaming then - my PS4 copy of Sekiro & Dark Souls Remastered are still sealed.

One way to look at it, and it depends if you have a readily available system to play them on currently I guess, is that the MGS1 through 3 collection is meant to drop by the end of this year - for those of us who don't get a chance to play the original games that will at least be something to tide us over.

I have a PS3 hooked up but unfortunately its one of the ones which doesn't seem to play PS2 games even though it did when I first got it, I think the OG PS3 had hardware support for PS1/2 games but they changed that to software whcih was removed during an update.

Hope I'm still invested in gaming then - my PS4 copy of Sekiro & Dark Souls Remastered are still sealed.
Do yourself a favour and start Sekiro today. Seriously. I personally think the souls games barring Bloodborne get overhyped nowadays, but Sekiro is amazing in every regard.
I have a PS3 hooked up but unfortunately its one of the ones which doesn't seem to play PS2 games even though it did when I first got it
Get yourself the legacy collection on eBay! All mainline MG games packed on a PS3 disc.

I’m really hoping the new bundle/remake revitalizes some MGS interest across the board and we start seeing new figures again. Wish I’d picked up the hot toys naked snake before this announcement; I’m pretty sure the price will only skyrocket now…

Get yourself the legacy collection on eBay! All mainline MG games packed on a PS3 disc.
I had thought of that, but the first one was a digital download and I’ve read somewhere is not available now.

In fairness if I wanted to play 2 and 3 I could just unpack the ps2, having it available in a couple of months for the current system isn’t a bad thing though.

MG1, MG2, MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3 HD will be coming to all current systems as well, albeit with some cuts to copyrighted footage according to the official PS website. I'm more interested in these over a remake, but hopefully the cuts aren't drastic.

I'm hoping we get a MGS4 remake one day so that it motivates someone to produce proper 1/6 figures from that game. While MGS3 will always be my favorite in the series, Yoji's work on MGS4 has influenced so many visual artists over the years. Old Snake (w/ Octocamo mask), Raiden, the B&B squad, frog soldiers...so many outstanding designs that I wish were brought to life. I was rooting for Medicom back in the day, but they slacked off in so many ways when it came to their MGS4 figs.

Back