Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that, that is pretty cool and I might po it. Maybe theyll do one of Rex from MGS.

Same. I'd also love some of the mechanical, penciled sketches from Shinkawa as posters.

Has hot toys ever made any metal gear figures?

They did years ago. MGS 3 Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit), The Boss, and two versions of MGR Raiden (black and red).

Too bad it was during the era of 'Solid Snake who?' or else we would have gotten one.
I'm still rolling about the MGS V Hot Toys announcement :lol

Too bad it was during the era of 'Solid Snake who?' or else we would have gotten one.
I'm still rolling about the MGS V Hot Toys announcement :lol

Geeze, I hated those years. I also remember in 2014, HT practically abandoned their VGM line, in favor of their Marvel spam figures, and Iron Man tin cans.

Face looks too generic - missing most of the pronounced facial features of Snake.

1642483533900.png

Still a lot of work that needs to be done. The eyes are too close together. The mouth and nose is off as well. Mullet is too thick in the back.

Im glad they’re still working on it though. Seems like they wanna get it right

In terms of source material, I wonder what they're even using as a basis for that figure. Seems like it's a fan interpretation...

Well the game model is kinda doofy, looks like he’s always smelling something foul. They
could stick to the source and it really does look like a ps2 model, or try for a more humanised version.

Attachments

• A487FE42-7BF7-4DA6-93FA-142242665EC8.jpeg
    A487FE42-7BF7-4DA6-93FA-142242665EC8.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 18
Good sculptor should be able to catch the essence of low poly game model. Below custom did most of that, I believe.
The zii's Zbrush face image looks like average good looking guy.
1642528993037.png

Well the game model is kinda doofy, looks like he’s always smelling something foul. They
could stick to the source and it really does look like a ps2 model, or try for a more humanised version.

To each their own, but I frankly won't like a random artist's interpretation of such an iconic character. I think even the MGS 4 character model of "Young Snake" would capture Snake's facial features quite well.

Good sculptor should be able to catch the essence of low poly game model. Below custom did most of that, I believe.
The zii's Zbrush face image looks like average good looking guy.
View attachment 556748

Yeah, that's the Dabbs/Scaletta figure and it looked pretty awesome.

I found the old commission thread on the customs board, if you guys want to check it out:

MGS4: Old Snake [sdabbs] - PAYMENT DUE

I
To each their own, but I frankly won't like a random artist's interpretation of such an iconic character. I think even the MGS 4 character model of "Young Snake" would capture Snake's facial features quite well.

Yeah, that's the Dabbs/Scaletta figure and it looked pretty awesome.

I found the old commission thread on the customs board, if you guys want to check it out:

MGS4: Old Snake [sdabbs] - PAYMENT DUE
I really like the mgs4 young snake mask, that with the correct hair etc would look great to me.

not feeling that custom above, it’s someone else’s nose and mouth on another face. The low res model only had a few features and it looks like they emphasised them several times over.

Attachments

• 82580A6A-DA3F-475F-985C-8A3CFB2C9486.jpeg
    82580A6A-DA3F-475F-985C-8A3CFB2C9486.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 23
not feeling that custom above, it’s someone else’s nose and mouth on another face.

No way dude :lol. The Dabbs sculpt was based on the The Document of MGS 2 3D renders of Snake, and it took many hours or rendering just to get it right. It was (and still is) the most game accurate-sculpt of MGS 2 Snake that you can find. Although, the Young Snake model in MGS 4 would be good for an update, I think.

I honestly can't wait to see what Lim has planned for this.

It may be accurate to the game model, but subjectively I think it looks bad. It’s like when you see a Homer Simpson toy and realise how weird he is in 3d.
Hoping for something much better from Lim, their ‘gunslinger’ is a great translation from the source material.

Attachments

• FC4EF23E-1B64-4D34-B49A-BF7D31FDE4CC.jpeg
    FC4EF23E-1B64-4D34-B49A-BF7D31FDE4CC.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 65
MGS 2 was 3D though... so, I'm not exactly sure how that Homer Simpson analogy fits in. The people who took these photos were generally bad at photography, but the sculpt was top-notch.

Whatever the case, I still have my old Dabbs sculpt, so I'll be able to switch things out if I want to.

Back