Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Hot Toys was mostly to blame for the lack of figures, because they were prioritizing their Marvel lines over VGM. I also vaguely remember they teased an MGS V banner around 2013, but that apparently got scrapped.

When Kojima and Shinkawa were still at Konami, other merchandise was being released in droves. PAK especially made a crap ton of releases.... it was far from being a comprehensive list of all the characters, but it was still a lot.
I remember when hot toys did an online poll for which character we wanted next. I think raiden mgs4 might have won. Solid snake mgs2 was like 2nd or 3rd. It was years and years ago now.

I remember when hot toys did an online poll for which character we wanted next. I think raiden mgs4 might have won. Solid snake mgs2 was like 2nd or 3rd. It was years and years ago now.
Good riddance, if lim can deliver grey fox then I'm happy.

All I really want is a decent 6 inch scale Solid Snake, from MGS 1 or 2.

The Figma that came out about 5 years ago had a non-functioning holster. That's an absolute deal-breaker for me. How in the world can today's toy makers leave out such a crucial feature?

So I passed on it and I don't regret it. I did buy the Amiibo Snake...that's the last MGS merch I purchased.

I'd also pee my pants for a 6 inch scale Skull Camo Snake from MGS 3, but that game really seems completely forgotten so I doubt that will ever happen.

The texture on the suit is wrong. The color on the pouches and boots are also wrong (they're supposed to be a dark brown). Something about the harness looks off. The headsculpt looks inspired from the MGS 3DS CGI art.

For that price? No way.

The texture on the suit is wrong. The color on the pouches and boots are also wrong (they're supposed to be a dark brown). Something about the harness looks off. The headsculpt looks inspired from the MGS 3DS CGI art.

For that price? No way.
Head sculpt wanted to stay true to MGS2.
I look forward to Lim's MGS2.

As everyone else said, this is for the people who think this is LIM, and to cash in before teh heavy hitters show up. This is like what that one company is to gametoys in ff7.

I like competitions.
I'd like to think the announcement of the Zii MGS2 actually helped the LIM's decision to release MGS2 Snake first before other versions.

The same goes for FF7 Characters. The competition between 2 companies help improving the quality and keep the price stable. I always appreciate VTS for releasing non-major license characters. They often screw up the character scale, but the quality has been quite descent. It's just that GameToys did better job on FF7 characters.

I think Hot Toys was mostly to blame for the lack of figures, because they were prioritizing their Marvel lines over VGM. When Kojima and Shinkawa were still at Konami, other merchandise was being released in droves. PAK especially made a crap ton of releases.... it was far from being a comprehensive list of all the characters, but it was still a lot.

Hot Toys only cares about Marvel, DC and Star Wars. Sometimes they'll make a figure from some big franchise from the past (like Back to The Future) but that's about it. They won't waste their time making figures from video-game characters, unless of course the character in question is Spider-Man.

Ditto. Going by their MGS V releases, it's great that they use the in-game character models (and artwork) as a basis for their figures.

Lim's MGSV Snake is almost perfect but they actually had a detailed 3D model to use as reference. In the case of Snakes from older games it will be a much bigger challenge for them. They will have to "interpret" the old models and add details as they see fit and that may not please every fan out there.

Not really. The Document of MGS 2 provides pretty detailed character models in 3D. It was used as a basis for the Sean Dabbs custom figure in 2014, and the figure itself turned out almost perfect except for the restrictive articulation of the suit. That said, I'm pretty sure Lim is capable of doing a much better job.

Hot Toys only cares about Marvel, DC and Star Wars. Sometimes they'll make a figure from some big franchise from the past (like Back to The Future) but that's about it. They won't waste their time making figures from video-game characters, unless of course the character in question is Spider-Man.

I know, look at Arkham Knight Batgirl. 3 year wait for the figure to release and it's only Videogame Masterpiece 40 in a line that's how many years old?

I think a lot of people canceled their orders this holiday, and that's the reason why both editions are back on sale.

Also, I seriously would've preferred that "Ultra-Limited Edition" which includes both Kojima's and Shinkawa's signatures as well as a unique hand-drawn sketch from Shinkawa. But, it's close to $3,000 (way overpriced).

Back