Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting...I guess I understand. But remember:

tenor.gif

And that changes everything :lol

I missed that :lol. The dude's an idiot
That statement literally applies to the entire fan base at this point :lol though that tidbit may be smarter then we think since the fanbase regards Kojima as an actual god so...wouldn't you want your God's finger prints!?!?!

Big Boss and Old Snake are going to look great together, truly awesome, man :rock.

By the way, rampy, I think you now have the largest collection of MG games on the net :lol. I really do have to track down the MSX2 versions of MG and MG 2 one of these days.

The post above was made seven years ago, and it took me literal years to do this. I was really fortunate recently when a few Japanese sellers parted ways with their copies of Metal Gears 1 and 2 for a good price. I also picked up the soundtrack of Metal Gear 2 with the spine card for a reasonable price, too. I'll have to eventually track down the PAL copies of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, but they're incredibly hard to find.

Does anyone know if Metal Gear (MSX) had a soundtrack as well?

51188968299_a6ca24a9ac_b.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like Michael Biehn*on the cover of Metal Gear, he probably would of been a good Snake if they had made a movie.

Yeah, it definitely was Michael Biehn on the cover of Metal Gear 1. It's also interesting that in Metal Gear 2, Snake was changed to a pixilated avatar of Mel Gibson during the codec sequences (the cover art for the instructions also featured Gibson). I think it's pretty surprising how much Kojima actually got away with in terms of copyrights. I remember from an interview with John Carpenter, he said that he didn't sue Kojima (for the homage to Snake Plissken in MGS 2) because Kojima seemed like a nice guy :lol.

But, yeah, in terms of movies, I think Biehn would've been a great Solid Snake during his prime. He would definitely make an excellent Old Snake if there's ever a role for the character in a movie.

Reese_in_the_war.jpg

There's a reason why the guy is primarily a voice actor. David Hayter looks like Ricky Gervais' stunt double. In the unlikely event that there was ever a time anyone would have cast him as a live action Snake, that time has certainly long since past now.

wfhldyosjz361.jpg

He does Cameo personalized shout outs for like I think 70 bucks! Get this while he still does it and seeing him talk the part in the videos(you can sample previous videos for other customers) and looking the part, put an eyepatch over him and the dude can still play off solid snake in a live action film. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

https://www.cameo.com/v/5b919151a626500059fd9c83

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?d say it?s impossible because:

1. he?s aged out of the role (for young snake)
2. He isn?t a full time actor, he?s more a writer/director. That isn?t someone you?d cast as a lead.
3. Hollywood mainly requires big names to get movies made, hence Oscar Issacs casting.

That being said, if we get anything CGI, animated, or a new game. It?s Hayter or no one for me

Hayter in his prime would've also been a good choice for Snake :lol. A bit of trivia: he said in an interview that Kojima probably liked his acting in "Guyer II: The Dark Hero", and that's why he was chosen for MGS 1.

Off topic, I was actually surprised at how well Guyver II held up against the manga in its backstory, and in some ways I actually prefer it to the animated series that was released in the mid 2000s. It would've been cool if it continued with Hayter as a movie series.

I was knocking the dust off the detolfs today and I dont think Ive posted my kitbashed Naked Snake here before.

203ad022d64d1b889e832a19954b77ee.jpg

I really wish a 3rd party would make one of these. I also need a better camera phone lol..

Yours came together great. Those fatigues fit him perfectly, where did you get them and what gloves did you use? I gotta start going for his jungle fatigues look since his pleather suit is starting to fall apart.

Yours came together great. Those fatigues fit him perfectly, where did you get them and what gloves did you use? I gotta start going for his jungle fatigues look since his pleather suit is starting to fall apart.

Thanks. I had to do the same with mine a long time ago due to the pleather suit deterioration.

I believe the fatigues came from Echobasetoys, Ace Navy Seals Cowboy.

The gloves are from Hot Toys Dutch. I was able to get all three back when they were readily available.

Thanks. I had to do the same with mine a long time ago due to the pleather suit deterioration.

I believe the fatigues came from Echobasetoys, Ace Navy Seals Cowboy.

The gloves are from Hot Toys Dutch. I was able to get all three back when they were readily available.

Quick look and yeah at this point I don't think people want to sell off parts of Dutch. It's annoying because there's so few figures that have gloves that look right. There's a decent amount of tiger stripe fatigues out there too but what I love about yours is that there aren't any big buttons on it.

I know its gonna take a while to find the right stuff but I just want to get it over with.

Back