Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grey fox is such a good design. I'm still annoyed I missed out on those 30$ "bootlegs" of him, would kill for a proper 1/6th figure.

wait, never heard of that, were those good 176 scale figures? do you have any image?

there's absolutely NOTHING from this franchise that should be worth over $500 (max).

do this also applies to limited edition clothing and accessories? i saw boots ands jakets from MGSV sold for at least 1500$. even the idroid phone cover is sold for well over 500$

do this also applies to limited edition clothing and accessories? i saw boots ands jakets from MGSV sold for at least 1500$. even the idroid phone cover is sold for well over 500$

That seems way too expensive. You can find many MGS items for cheaper if you shop around a bit. The thing is, collectibles haven't gotten more rare, but the lack of pertinent information and community discussion has created a breeding ground for high pricing. It's one of the reasons why I miss the DieSnake forum and their rarity lists, that gave guidance on how much to spend.

In any case, I found Sentinel's iDroid case for $120 a few years ago in Japan, and I even saw the white TGS version for less than $200. Last year, I found two Gackt MGS 2 t-shirts for less than $20 each (still sealed), and generally speaking, the shirt is pretty cheap there. But, in the U.S., I've seen sellers charge close to $1000 for that t-shirt.

There ARE some good sellers on Ebay, though. You can definitely try sending some offers if you're interested in something.

Last edited:
The First 4 Figures Solid Snake was over $500, but he's massive and incredible in detail. That's also their general rate for anything in Snake's scale or detail these days. I do think any other MGS merch shouldn't even be a few hundred besides the Gecco statues due to their original/general MSRP.

Yeah, there are some exceptions - especially with statues. A lot of items aren't even that rare, and I think region distribution is a reason why do you don't see some things as often.

Mentioning statues, I'm hoping Gecco releases a Solid Snake...

It could be but I never knew Gecco never created a Solid Snake :cuckoo: What the hell was with companies and their refusal to do our boy Solid?

It could be but I never knew Gecco never created a Solid Snake :cuckoo: What the hell was with companies and their refusal to do our boy Solid?

Yeah, Snake wasn't released. I asked about Snake on Gecco's Facebook page a few years ago, and I was told that they'd love to do it eventually, but weren't granted the license.

I always thought it was the approval process, Kojima etc.

Thinking back, I don't believe that Kojima and Shinkawa had a lot of say in marketing. But, they did participate in marketing and posted a lot of photos with figures they were sent.

Yeah, Snake wasn't released. I asked about Snake on Gecco's Facebook page a few years ago, and I was told that they'd love to do it eventually, but weren't granted the license.

Thinking back, I don't believe that Kojima and Shinkawa had a lot of say in marketing. But, they did participate in marketing and posted a lot of photos with figures they were sent.

Actually Kojima lead marketing and etc on a lot of things including figures.

You can tell MGS figures and collectibles essentially stopped after he left. It seems to me Konami haven?t put someone else in charge of this yet.

GreyFox was teased when Kojima was still at Konami. So they basically pulled their licenses for everything other than high end statues for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can tell MGS figures and collectibles essentially stopped after he left. It seems to me Konami haven?t put someone else in charge of this yet.

GreyFox was teased when Kojima was still at Konami. So they basically pulled their licenses for everything other than high end statues for some reason

This makes a lot of sense since a lot of merchandise and rights were granted prior to his leaving. But I don't get it in the case of Konami; clearly they love money and don't care about anything else. MGS merchandise goes for insane amounts after release and even on release, they're notably pricier then other figures in the same line in that case. This probably explains the delay for First 4 Figures (the only people doing MGS merchandise that I care about and most for that matter) and why the likes of Good Smile never pursued any other forms of merchandise.

Makes sense...on some level. I don't know if Gecco ever did a game where Solid Snake was the protagonist.
I always thought it was the approval process, Kojima etc.
I can see that in the case of Kojima because he had quite the hard-on for Big Boss prior to his departure :lol

This makes a lot of sense since a lot of merchandise and rights were granted prior to his leaving. But I don't get it in the case of Konami; clearly they love money and don't care about anything else. MGS merchandise goes for insane amounts after release and even on release, they're notably pricier then other figures in the same line in that case. This probably explains the delay for First 4 Figures (the only people doing MGS merchandise that I care about and most for that matter) and why the likes of Good Smile never pursued any other forms of merchandise.Makes sense...on some level. I don't know if Gecco ever did a game where Solid Snake was the protagonist. I can see that in the case of Kojima because he had quite the hard-on for Big Boss prior to his departure :lol

It wasn?t goodsmile or anyone else not perusing the license, it?s 100% Konami bot giving it out. I know for a fact Mezco and McFarlane tried to get it too.

Maybe Konami are waiting to greenlight their remakes or rereleases before licensing out more figures..

If the remake/remasters rumour is true it would make sense to hold out on new licensing until they were out, or at least officially announced, so that future merchandising could be based around how characters look in the updated version(s)...for better or worse.

I think the lack of figures is a consequence of there not being an MGS game in development since MGS V. The reason I'm skeptical of Kojima's involvement in approval, is due to the fact that there are so many inconsistencies in the PAK line (differing heights, inaccurate proportions, etc). For a time, it seems like Square was just churning anything out, and it was given the green-light. So, I think it was fan conjecture about Kojima's role in leading marketing, when he's really just dude who enjoys posting pictures on his Twitter account.

Also, there were a few things released since Kojima's departure, such as the MG Survive statue from Gecco, and the Metal Gear... rubber duckies.

Last edited:
I think the lack of figures is a consequence of there not being an MGS game in development since MGS V. The reason I'm skeptical of Kojima's involvement in approval, is due to the fact that there are so many inconsistencies in the PAK line (differing heights, inaccurate proportions, etc). For a time, it seems like Square was just churning anything out, and it was given the green-light. So, I think it was fan conjecture about Kojima's role in leading marketing, when he's really just dude who enjoys posting pictures on his Twitter account.

Also, there were a few things released since Kojima's departure, such as the MG Survive statue from Gecco, and the Metal Gear... rubber duckies.
PAK does that for every line though :lol even bigger known ones such as DC and Marvel. Doesn't explain why Kojima was ok with it since he flipped out on MG Survive despite it not being out of the norm for MGS but w/e.
It wasn?t goodsmile or anyone else not perusing the license, it?s 100% Konami bot giving it out. I know for a fact Mezco and McFarlane tried to get it too.

Maybe Konami are waiting to greenlight their remakes or rereleases before licensing out more figures..

I mean I just said it was Konami in that post and not Good Smile or any other company...so yeah.

I'm skeptical on how well Konami could do with remakes and rereleases. There is a re-release in the works for older Castlevania games though so who knows?

Solid Snake from MGS 2 would be great. Btw I've been seeing HT Raiden for various prices everywhere. What's a good price for getting the regular and getting the regular with the exclusive accessory?

Back