Action Figure Megalopolis Interplay/Rare Retro Video Game 6" Line - Earthworm Jim, Banjo Kazooie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukefett

Super Freak
Reaction score
Megalopolis Interplay/Rare Retro Video Game 6" Line - Earthworm Jim, Banjo Kazooie

MEgalopolis-Video-Game-Toys-Announcement.jpg

https://news.toyark.com/2020/07/23/...worm-jim-and-more-retro-action-figures-396294

Full press release at Toyark, but looks like a 6" articulated line for various games including: Earthworm Jim, Clay Fighter, Banjo Kazooie, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Battletoads, and Perfect Dark.

The line is called Premium DNA, forgot to add that to the title. The line also includes their new Barnyard Commandos and Madball figures they're doing.

Re: Megalopolis Interplay/Rare Retro Video Game 6" Line - Earthworm Jim, Banjo Kazooi

I am all in for the 90's toads! Rash, Pimple, Zitz and Dark Queen have been on my want list for a super-long time. EJ would be a welcome addition as well (though the old figures were great for their time).

Re: Megalopolis Interplay/Rare Retro Video Game 6" Line - Earthworm Jim, Banjo Kazooi

Toads would pair up great with Ninja Turtles. No double dragons?

Toads would pair up great with Ninja Turtles. No double dragons?

Looks like they made a deal with Interplay and Rare and they didn't make Double Dragon. I think Double Dragon would go well with Storm Collectibles.

Looks like they made a deal with Interplay and Rare and they didn't make Double Dragon. I think Double Dragon would go well with Storm Collectibles.

no i hate their joints they could have modified them.

dd3 would make great choice.

no i hate their joints they could have modified them.

dd3 would make great choice.

Storm's figures are terrific, I really don't know what your issue is with their joints.

HdLxIy9.png

An update for those of you who are playing at home:

Battletoads - Wave 1

Rash
Zitz
Rat Bones
Porka Pig
General Vermin
General Slaughter

- POs through Premium DNA's site get exclusive switch outs for Rash (giant hands) and Zitz (open-mouthed portrait).
- General Slaughter is taller than a two-liter or Coke.

The lineup looks like a mix of Battletoads Arcade and Battlemaniacs. I'm hoping we get a wave 2 with Pimple, T.Bird and The Dark Queen (Scuzz, Big Blag or Robo-Manus would be nice too). More pics up at Premium DNA's site.

Can't believe I'm only hearing about this now. lol
Thanks for pushing this thread back to the front lines again, goatchumby.
Their Battletoads stuff seems really well painted, but I'm most excited for the Perfect Dark and Banjo-Kazooie figures!
I just hope they stick with Perfect dark 64, instead of that other mess of a game that came from M$.

I have to say they're definitely ambitious. Launching a line with gigantic figures like that is pretty awesome. I'm not really into Battletoads, so am passing, but these seem really well done.

Man... Let's hope for a Banjo & Kazooie wave. :eek:

The fully-featured Battletoads are now available for PO via BBTS (so much for those Premium DNA exclusives :rolleyes:). Given PD's sordid past as Megalopolis, going through BBTS might help provide brave Toad fans with an extra layer of accountability.

And I'm still waiting for them to announce some Perfect Dark news. I wonder if they might wait until there's an official release for the new game before showing them? That could be a few years though. :unsure:

Back